is mario party8 any good

d1nk

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
im one that likes party games couldnt give a crap about graphics or online but is mario party 8 the best party game on wii it looks very interesting even though i know it wont be on the shelves for another few weeks because of the recall

Well i've decided to keep my copy. To be honest some (most) minigames are crap. I hate Warioware so much, but Mario Party 8 is brilliant, single player quite good but mainly for multiplayer. It gives you the option to play 4 player with 3 bein the comp. In my opinion it is the best for minigames by far. I especially like the 1vs3. U will get people sayin it is crap but they generally dont like minigames but i was converted and many more will be. Any sale figures speak 4 themselves.

apple555 said:
maybe i'm the only one who don't like it :wtf:

I don't like it... at all. IMO Mario Party 1, 2, and 3 were the only good ones.

The game probably would be ok if you didn't play the other mario party games, but compared to them this one sucks

Wozz500 said:
Any sale figures speak 4 themselves.

Actually they don't, the sales figures at least initially are based upon hype and the reputation of previous game iterations, the last one was pretty good ergo people automatically buy this one expecting it to be the same/better. Doesn't mean it is.

Mario Party 8 is really fun. There are many priceless minigames like shake it up and rowing the boat to the center. If you play with 4 people it is hilarious. I recommend it!

It is a good game, and like you said you like party games and dont care about graphics so in this case you will like it. It is fun and as long as you don't expect it to be the best of the mario party series then you will like it.

I just rented it and I would feel cheated if I had paid $50. I'm not a big fan of minigames, but I'm running out of titles on my Gamefly queue. The minigames were alright, and the wiimote sensitivity was good with this game, but the over randomness of the "game board" was annoying. Between this and Rayman Raving Rabbids, I prefered Rayman.

okay it is a really good game. the game is not based around skill so if someone is playing for the first time they have a chance to win. i like it because everytime is a dif experience because its a dif thing each time you play. its just about as good as all the other mario party games, there all the same, this one just has motion controls. i like it, i recommend it.

Back