Is Mega Man underrated?

jshannonbuller

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Louisiana
Wii Online Code
6714-2127-6508-1543
Quite often I'll hear people talk about the "classics" such as Mario, Zelda or Metroid, but no one ever brings up Mega Man. Am I the only person who thinks that Mega Man should have equal status with these classics.

Is Mega Man underrated?:frown2:

I dunno about underrated, I think maybe just forgotten, ever since they started that new megaman cartoon, the games arent the same... I was sorta imagining though they could come out with another Megaman Legends (3rd person shooter) for the wii

ocdan said:
... I was sorta imagining though they could come out with another Megaman Legends (3rd person shooter) for the wii

I would definitely buy it. It would be so cool if they made it online multiplayer!:yesnod:

jshannonbuller said:
I would definitely buy it. It would be so cool if they made it online multiplayer!:yesnod:
totally, but that would mean new characters or the use of baddies... how bouta Zero 3rd person shooter, with his Z Blade... oh man

ocdan said:
totally, but that would mean new characters or the use of baddies... how bouta Zero 3rd person shooter, with his Z Blade... oh man

They could make every boss from every game playable.:thumbsup:

No, that would ruin the franchise even more. The Battle Network series has pretty much soiled on everything that is Megaman. I think the Megaman games are classic, I prefer the X series as it's my personal favorite. If they were to make another Megaman game, I'd say let it be same classic old school graphics and same 2D scrolling shooter. Now that's a classic, not no 3D platformer.

I remember getting the first Mega Man for NES when I was like 5 or 6. After defeating Cutman and being able to use his scissors...this was when I fell in love with video games. Since I couldn't read well yet I didn't know what to expect. Those were the good ol' days.:)

Megaman is clearly a classic, but i think because he was a capcom product that he is somewhat forgotten.

That's not true, Resident Evil is a Capcom classic, and people still appreciate it.

It would be nice to see an Online MP 3rd Person Shooter Megaman hit shelves, I would pick it up.

How bout making an Megaman Battle Network MMO where you can create your own character, and give them certain powers and alter their attributes... all that and if they made it look good, Id consider it

StwrX03 said:
Megaman is clearly a classic, but i think because he was a capcom product that he is somewhat forgotten.
Capcom's got nothing to do with it. Street Fighter II was one of my favourite games. But yeah, I've never owned a megaman game, only really heard of it when my mate downloaded it on my emulator about a year ago, and I didn't really play it then myself, I just don't find his games very exciting.

Megaman MMO sounds awesome. Theres another thing that Nintendo could create now that they have the mouse-like controller. MMO's would pwn because you don't really need a fast net connection because everything is streamed and a great connection isn't all that important. Just look at playing F.E.A.R. online as opposed to WoW or Guild Wars.

Back