Is Metroid like Nintendos version of Halo?

ericlewis91

im McLovin
Dec 1, 2006
London,Ontario,Canada
Wii Online Code
6031-8713-1077-8188
Is Metroid like Nintendos version of Halo?..i watched the videos on the demo channel and it seems like halo but Nintendos version? is this the point? and how its like? i love halo..cant wait for the 3rd

Most people say that because Master Cheif and Samus have similar suits on. But when you narrow it down, they are completely different (plot, setting ext.). So, I'd say they're 50% similar.

EDIT: The title should be switched around since Metroid came before Halo.

Okay....i think we pretty much cleared this on another thread....but oh well.......in my view, "im not sure if this is what anyone else thinks" Metroid Prime is mostly an Action-Adventure game......Halo on the other hand is basically a First Person Shooter game....can be compared to goldeneye....only that Halo in this day and age is better!!!

There is no way in hell, a person can compare Halo to Metriod Prime......they are both different genres.....like i said before.....Halo is all about the Shooting....Prime is majority of time finding things to unlock different places...dam i hate that....especially on Prime 2....that game had me searching everywhere!!!

I hope you get what im saying......?

metroid was before halo WAYYYYYYYY before about 15 years before possibly more than that. anyways, halo is a fps only all it is, is shooting with some other small things mixed in. early metroid games are similar to castlevania games. you are dropped in a world where you can explore. metroid prime was metroid turned to 3 d with a first person view. i dont think metroid prime is a fps it is more of a first person adventure similar to oblivion for the 360. metroid prime is not made for combat, although its in there, its more about exploring.

Single player is totally different. If Metroid had online then maybe that part would be similar but it doesn't, maybe next year...

Last edited:
it should really be more like
"Is Halo Microsofts version of Metroid?"

But anyways like people said, Halo=FPS, Metroid=Action/Adventure so yeah there different but they have kinda the same point. (As in killing aliens)

gingerkid said:
metroid was before halo WAYYYYYYYY before about 15 years before possibly more than that. anyways, halo is a fps only all it is, is shooting with some other small things mixed in. early metroid games are similar to castlevania games. you are dropped in a world where you can explore. metroid prime was metroid turned to 3 d with a first person view. i dont think metroid prime is a fps it is more of a first person adventure similar to oblivion for the 360. metroid prime is not made for combat, although its in there, its more about exploring.
You already know what im trying to say.....could i have said it any better than you?:scared:

Lets not give him a hard time now.
The big thing is though, that Metroid was out before Halo.
But really they are not too similar.

Yes. Metroid Prime is the anti-Halo, and that's pretty much what Nintendo had in mind as an answer to Halo*. It's actually not a bad pair to compare and contrast, and the information you get from that turns out to define what the two companies are after.

*Metroid Prime and Halo are contemporaries, even though the Metroid frachise predates Halo by far. Halo has also been more successful at creating a gap that needs filled than Nintendo, though the way N went about it ("FPA") was unconventional and gutsy, there won't be competition on the sales figures.

Back