Is my brand new Wii fried?

stephford

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
We created two Mii's, played a little of Wii Sports and watched a slide show of pics. Then we went to play a game and an error message says it cannot read the disc. We tried two other discs and notta. This is my eleven year old son's Christmas present and he is devastated right now! (Which actually ticks me off because I explained to him how many children there are that wish they had one and never will!) Anyway, it still sucks. Any feedback on this prob? Thanks!

Try unplugging the wii and then back in. Try everything you can to get it to work.

Resetting,
Trying every game,
Making sure you're putting the game in the right way,
As soon as you turn it on, don't stop at any other channels and go straight to the disk channel.

If that doesn't work, your disc feeder might be fried. You'll have to call Nintendo tomorrow. (They are closed today)

Last edited:
I thought hopefully it was just my parents tv but when we got home we discovered it wasn't! I can't see how we did anything to screw it up! Looks like we will have to return it. Thanks for your quick response and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be too hasty now! Did you put the disk in the right side? The picture on the disk is facing the right. Try it.

Back