Is My Wii Broken?

Zero77

I am the next Mindfreak
Mar 25, 2007
sigh.....well i bought the game mysims and during playing that game my wii started making a funny noise (like the disc was scraching up on somthing while spinning inside), and when i take the game out it stops making the noise
(does this with all my games), the games play fine and theres not much of a lag, but that noise pisses me off, and im scared somthings wrong
do i need a new Wii
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Check to see if there is a scratch or defect in the disc. Also, does this happen with other games, or just MySims?

happens with all of them, and i did clean my disc

Zero77 said:
happens with all of them, and i did clean my disc
Well if it happens with all the discs, then it's probably something inside the Wii making he noises. I suggest reading the troubleshooting section on Nintendo's site and if you can't find anything relevant, send it back to Nintendo.

Is it not just the disc spiining whilst being read?

my PS2 does that a lot but the games play ok try taking it to like gamestop and maybe they can fix it.

im not finding anything about my particular problem
however, the sound has momentarilly stop, hopefully it will stay this way

Zero77 said:
im not finding anything about my particular problem
however, the sound has momentarilly stop, hopefully it will stay this way

Well thats good, but sometimes that happens.
Its not much to worry about.

However if it happens again and doesn't go away for a bit, there may be a problem.

CantGetAWii said:
Well thats good, but sometimes that happens.
Its not much to worry about.

However if it happens again and doesn't go away for a bit, there may be a problem.

i think the problem may be with the Disk drive acting up because it shouldnt be doing that. My suggestion is that you keep play normally and if it happpens again for an extended period of time like per say two weeks then call nintendo and have them ship you a new wii with your wii FC and your VC account.

My sims does this with all wii's. dont worry there is nothing wrong with it. My cousins wii's and my wii all make that noise with mysims. But if it makes that noise with all ure games... u may have a problem.

I'm having the same problem as you, Whenever I put in anygame and turn the wii on I hear a buzzing noise and it doesn't stop till I turn the wii off...games play fine though, but I would like to know how to fix it. Greatly appreciate it if someone finds out for us.

this happened to me when i was playing splinter cell, just take it out and put it back in. the noise should stop.:)

if it happens again call 1-800-255-3700
trust me THEY WILL HELP
i call them all the time :)
i have them on speed dial actually

Back