zxzxander said:
if it happens again call 1-800-255-3700
trust me THEY WILL HELP
i call them all the time :)
i have them on speed dial actually

i used the word "them" allot

1-800-255-3700 is nintendo's support hotline, lol

Marioman said:
I'm having the same problem as you, Whenever I put in anygame and turn the wii on I hear a buzzing noise and it doesn't stop till I turn the wii off...games play fine though, but I would like to know how to fix it. Greatly appreciate it if someone finds out for us.
Mine did the same until it started blasting "Cannot Read Disc" errors, then it was off to Nintendo in a box.

Keep and eye on that.

KrisKhaos said:
Mine did the same until it started blasting "Cannot Read Disc" errors, then it was off to Nintendo in a box.

Keep and eye on that.

Oh great, is that going to happen to me and the other kid....uh what ever his name is:scared

I believe something similar happened to mine. My parents was playing Tigerwoods Golf 08 stoped it to have there tea and when they went back to playing it Error came on the screen and it crashed only way for my dad to turn it off was to unplug it. When i got home from work we played it and it lagged, kept making funny noises etc. he tired sports in it today and it worked ok. So i am taking game back and guna keep close eye on it!

Becksibee said:
I believe something similar happened to mine. My parents was playing Tigerwoods Golf 08 stoped it to have there tea and when they went back to playing it Error came on the screen and it crashed only way for my dad to turn it off was to unplug it. When i got home from work we played it and it lagged, kept making funny noises etc. he tired sports in it today and it worked ok. So i am taking game back and guna keep close eye on it!
Man, if I was into gambling I would place money on your Wii being box bound soon. Mine started with Wii Sports freezing while in-game, then the the Black Screen of Death (BSOD - Cannot Read Disc Errors) started appearing once in awhile on any game. These rapidly got worse and started popping up once to sometimes twice a day no matter what I was playing.

Whatever you do be sure not to wait too long as it may surpass it's warranty time limit, and best to get this resolved before hand. Call Nintendo and attempt to have this resolved before it's too late. Nintendo is actually really cool about making it an easy process on you and you don't have to threaten anyone to get them to fix it. :)

KrisKhaos said:

Keep and eye on that.

oh no! mine did that today. it used to make those buzzing/whirring noises a few weeks ago. then when the disc would complete the introductory loading the noises would stop. now it says that it "cannot read disc". this was really weird because i was playing zelda this afternoon and everything seemed to be working fine. i guess i gotta send it out to nintendo.

hmm. i'm a little worried about sending it out though. what if something happens to it? it breaks? someone loses it? the problem only gets worse?

:p i heard a kind of freaking noise from my wii as well, but just 1-2 times, i think i left my wii on for more than a day, so it was making that sound, this may be the cause ........... ;p

I sent my Wii in for repair and indeed there was something wrong with it...they are still fixing it so I don't know what exactly but for all of you that have this problem...get ready to make that call

margarissa said:
hmm. i'm a little worried about sending it out though. what if something happens to it? it breaks? someone loses it? the problem only gets worse?
Don't worry, they will take care of it. :)

If you are that concerned, I paid the UPS Store to box and ship it for me. Sure it was a couple bucks extra however if something failed during shipping and the packaging was to blame I bought rights to point a finger. I suggest the same if you are worried about it, then whomever was responsible for boxing it will be liable for faulty packaging. Every other possible problem (ie. lost package, damaged package, etc.) won't be your fault and someone other than you will have to pay for it.

This happened to me like twice last week. I looked at my game and it was fine so I put it back in and i hasn't happened again since. You should be fine.

Back