Is My Wii Overheating?

stevez0r

WiiChat Member
Jun 23, 2006
New York City
Was playing Wii Sports Baseball and then all of sudden it freezes and the there is a loud spinning noise. I guessing that's the fan kicking in, but this is the second time it's happen exactly doing the same thing, playing wii baseball. I purchased the warranty from GameStop should I return the Wii?

Well, if you've purchased the warranty like you said you have, then you may aswell take it back to the store. If you're lucky they might give you a new one on the spot, or at worst it may take a couple of weeks. I have no idea of the supply and demand over there, but in Aus you can just walk in and get one.

This hasn't happened to me when I play Wii Sports Baseball or any other games, so I dunno.

Just see what they say.

Cheers,
Dan.

Hi. The sound you here may be the drive spinning. Check the disc for scratches and/or smudges, it may be that it is trying to access part of the disc that is compromised.

first put your hand on your wii. You need to determine if its hot. You might need to slowly move your hand along its pastey white edges till you feel something. If you do not feel anything then its probably something else...

.. but in all seriousness. Do not leave it in a hot location nor should you put anything on top or next to it. Consoles need room for airflow, they are also very claustrophobic.

If u know some1 with a wii then try your wii sports disc in their wii 2 c if it works or if it freezes like on your wii. Then if it freezes then u know it's the wii sports disc.

Back