Is Nintendo Screwing Us???

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
http://gonintendo.com/?cat=1

So there is another Wii coming out. Let me to be the first to say This is BS. So if I want a loyal Nintendo Fan and brought a Wii when it came out I cant ever Paly DVD's on my wii? This is no way to treat a your Fans, so what else will this new Wii do? Will it have more memory, let you play CD's, Dowload Music?

So what do you think?

OMG that sucks. I have a Blu Ray player though, so I don't really care.:wink:
It will suck for those who do not have a DVD player though. I doubt Nintendo will create with more memory though, to keep costs low.

Any person who has a wii already is nowhere near stupid enough not to own a standalone DVD player by now.

I think it's nothing to worry about. FFS, I have 3 DVD players and these days DVD players are pretty cheap. Just get one and don't buy the remake.

yea, i dont see why people complain that Wii doesnt support DVD playback. Big deal, DVD players are so inexpensive there's no way you should NOT have a DVD player by now. I have 5 of them. And if you dont have one, you can get one for as little as 20 bucks, so it really shouldn't be such a huge deal. Same with playing CDs and downloading music, I'd much rather play CDs in my car or stereo than listen to them on tv. And for downloading music, it's a thousand times easier to do on the computer than on a console.

i think, if N ever really does this witha new Wii, that if you have one of the first Wii's that you would be able to buy the part or whatever needed to have DVD playback on Wii v.1. But that could cuase problems with having to open your Wii and trying to put it back together right and people who have no clue what they are doing completely distroying their Wii. So, i dont know. i have a xbox that i use for dvd's so thats probably all i will use that for anymore now. ha.

No one was that pissed about the DS lite which changed a lot. Why would friggin' DVD playback be different than that?

I prefer my Wii not having Dvd playback for a couple of reasons:

1. Don't have to spend more $$$ on something I don't need.

2. Using any console as a dvd player will shorten the life span of the system.

3. It will not probably not be a quality dvd player. (think ps2)

I doubt they'll enhance anything else on the system. I'm hoping they'll eventually add a music channel that'll let you play music through a sd card (ala Excite Truck) and eventually allow you to play vc games through sd cards.

Nintendo will not screw us over... :devil:

2ZeBeach said:
I don't need dvd playback on my wii. Now if they decide to release a Wii with HD quality output i'll be real pissed.

you mean higher HD quality... the 480p isnt great but its HD...

Rahnter said:
I doubt they'll enhance anything else on the system. I'm hoping they'll eventually add a music channel that'll let you play music through a sd card (ala Excite Truck) and eventually allow you to play vc games through sd cards.

Nintendo will not screw us over... :devil:

you can play your mp3's right off your SD card on your wii.. go to the photo channel select slideshow... tada select music option open up your mp3's works great considering my home stereo is flash USB drive and wifi... sometimes i dont feel like turning on the computer to do wifi songs to the stereo.. and only have a couple usb drives i use... just toss one of my sd cards with music into the wii and off it goes..

WOW... I can't believe I never knew this. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a DVD player too but I mean come on this is a new feature for the Wii by the end of Next year not in like 5 years. This is like the rumor that there may be a new 360 system with more memory and other extra's.

Its BS to people that brought the system and wont get this ad on (and this is like the VC most people have the old games they buy its just that buying them from the VC means you can just turn your Wii on and play a old game)

Is this even confirmed? That doesn't look like a Nintendo website or press release. The point is that its NOT FAIR at all to those of us who already HAVE a Wii. The least they could have done was give us the OPTION of buying the one with DVD playback. Now we may NEVER have that feature since some people are saying its not possible to download some type of update or w/e. Hopefully thats NOT the case. Hopefully Nintendo allows us to trade in our current Wiis for the new ones. Otherwise I will be calling to complain.

Back