Is Nintendo Screwing Us???

hmm, i wonder if any of the consoles back when ,VHS was the thing, tried to put a VCR in. that would of been something eh?

jr50 said:
hmm, i wonder if any of the consoles back when ,VHS was the thing, tried to put a VCR in. that would of been something eh?

Yeah I played a system that had a VCR built in, forgot what it was called though.

This really doesn't bother me...I find it funny how JerrodDragon is so worked up over it. The first time he found out about this he had just finished writing a post overflowing with praises for Nintendo. Then he read a post on DVD playback and went freaking crazy.

Nintendo could have easily included DVD playback in the console from the get-go. They didn't because they wanted to keep the price down. Price is the reason you didn't buy a PS3, remember? *sigh*

Regardless, this is very old news. A Nintendo rep has already confirmed that the news only applies to the Japanese market and no others. Finally, are you gonna get this pissed off when Nintendo releases the new colors?

I know I personally want a green one.

I don't mind if they add a DVD Player to the Wii, as long as they don't change any thing else.

I don't want them to change the apperance of it AT ALL.
I don't want someone coming into my house saying, "Hey you've got a Wii! Oh hang on its an old Wii, my cousin has a Wii 2 and its so cool, you can play DVD's on it and it has a strip of blue light around the top and its red and it has like...etc."

I don't want to own a superceded Wii. The early adopters are the ones who determine the success of the console we shouldn't get screwed over.

But Nintendo would win company of the year if they allowed you to send your old Wii in, they'd then recycle what they could and send you back a Wii 2 for something like $50.

guys its a plain old DVD player... nothing fancy like an HDDVD or blueray player..lol not that i would buy eaither of them... but its just plain old dvd.. 15 bucks at wallmart for one.. go get it... when it comes to music.. you can toss it on your SD card big deal SD cards will be around in the next 10 or so years i doubt DVD will be as popular.. they are on the way out... Burning and keeping dvd's from scratching is a pain.. its a bad physical media, HDdvd and Blueray is a last ditch effort for DVD to live on... i buy a dvd once a month if that.. almost all my new movies come right off my digital HD cable box and are copied onto my DVR... i have no real use for a DVD anymore unless i cant find it on my cablebox...

all you do playing them on you gaming console is burn it up more and more anyways..and they never are the best players,
ps3 blueray=crap,
360's hddvd=crap,
im sure the wii's dvd will be just as bad as ps2 and xbox's..lol its something you dont need, just added flash to the system give it life again in the next year or 2....
if your gonna sit there and tell me you bought a wii before you owned a DVD player, should i just smack you now? you already own a dvd player, its almost impossibal to find movies or tapes for VHS anymore unless your in the recording buisness or hunting the bargin bins at wallmart... which even then a VHS is hard to find.. you have a dvd player you dont need another one.. so when someone brags they have a wii with a dvd player be like thats nice i had it a year before you could get your hands on it.. and bought a dvd player at radio shack for 15 bucks..

well based on any major company that makes HD devices 480p is HD the lowest version of HD but still HD.. but not at the level that current HDTV is at...most HD t.v. is brodcasted in 720 or 1080 nowadays but there are still some that broadcast in 480p
all of this might go away in 2010 the FCC has mandated that every t.v. station broadcast in Digital signal by 2010 they never got specific on what level of digital signal... but because of this HD has become the signal of choice.. there is no list or defenition of what HD is there is a loose standard, but look up 480p HD t.v's there are plenty of them and all HDTV's support 480p, it may not be the setting you consider HD maybe even sony doesnt consider it HD but there are no rules to HD except they be a 16:9 aspect ratio were standard t.v. is a 4:3 ratio

these are all just suggestions for standards set place by the ATSC The Advanced Television Standards Committee
im sure you have seen most of these abreviations all over the place hopefully that helps... you can use your own opinion or fact.. it has the aspect ratio... by definition it is HD maybe not to you.. but to Websters Dictonary it is... and the ATSC... im gonna go with there opinion and not yours if you dont mind...

i have no need to buy the upgrade of the wii. I have a ps2 in my room as well so its my dvd player:) Nothin really to worry about, its like ds to ds lite.

Hey guys.....I have a PlayStation 1 that can play..........*gasp**gasp**gasp*......Compact Discs....

Nintendo is gonna release in one month a purple Wii which supports 1080p, can play Holographic discs and has Cell 2 which has 64 SPE's each of which is made of 4 cell processors like the one that ps3 has. This is rumored to sell for 150$!! OMG I've been scammed :cryin:

Brawny said:
Any person who has a wii already is nowhere near stupid enough not to own a standalone DVD player by now.

I don't I used my PS2, But I Gave it away and im more than happy with my 19" monitor on my PC :)

I don't need one though your right, Most people who don't use their PC's as a DVD player will have one..

Why do people insist on complaining about the DVD playback?
It's not necessary; in fact, I pity the people who are going to have to pay more for it in the future. There are plenty of cheap DVD players in the homes of the American population, I don't want to pay for any more.

Back