Is Nintendo Serious About Online?

I don't mind what we have right now. The codes can be tiring, especially when I don't always buy games. I rent a lot so I'm not always able to get codes.

If only every game could be code free like EA style :lol:

I am looking forward to more online play. When you bring online into a game, it opens up a whole new world of the game. Keeps it exciting and fun to compete against other online gamers.
It's just nice to have the option there, especially for the sports games and various other simulation games.

nintendo is definately not being serious about their online they dont care as far as I see.

I'm getting my wireless set up very soon i cant wait to try it all out and get set up for brawl... maybe they are pushing it back just for on line reasons maybe Nintendo are hiding some secret their going to unleash at the begging on next year maybe they are listing to peoples plea's and are going to change the friend code problem... i cant wait to just give it all a shot on line with the wii mote... i play a fair bit on the computer on line but haven't done much on line console gaming

Wiinter said:
No. MOHH2 was made in spite of NoA. George Harrison spent as much time as possible saying Wii owners didn't want aggressive online games, which led to less 3rd party investment (since they figured the VP of Marketing at Nintendo probably knew what he was talking about), which led to players regarding the Wii as a kiddie device (since the library suffered from lack of hardcore investment) which led an actual shrink in the size of the hardcore audience (since they now count on other platforms to scratch their itch for hardcore gaming).

They're having plenty of financial success on their casual-centric strategy, and they don't care about us. If we get what we want, it'll be because a 3rd party stepped up.

Friend Codes have been around for years, and they're probably not going anywhere as far as 1st party games are concerned. If MOHH2 is a huge sales success (unlikely), it could spur other 3rd parties to follow their FC-free path. A wii headset is likely, once Nintendo releases a 1st party game that they feel will benefit from it (I expect it to be released when Mario Kart hits)--but it will will be of limited use unless more mature 3rd party titles implement it.

I'm the only person I know with a Wii. And I bought my Wii to play, not to work. When I get on to play, I just want to play, not go mining the net for FCs. Kids have time to do that, heck, I think they enjoy it. I don't on both counts.

oh so u dont think that the online play for moh h2 is good? must be something i missed while me and many other people were having a blast playing online.

vashivihan said:
oh so u dont think that the online play for moh h2 is good? must be something i missed while me and many other people were having a blast playing online.

I'm having a blast playing it. Who said it wasn't good?

Wiinter said:
No. MOHH2 was made in spite of NoA.

NoA = Nintendo of America.

Wiinter said:
I'm having a blast playing it. Who said it wasn't good?

NoA = Nintendo of America.

in my post i asked that mohh2 online is good. dont u agree? in that reply, u began the answer with a no. thats why i assumed that u did not like it.

craigkillercraig said:
Online for the wii will continue to suck as long as it remains free. Meaning we'll have to pay them to perfect it.
STOP WITH THIS "It sucks cause it's free" CRAP!!!! Sony has free online play for the PS3 and yet it's kicking the ass off of the Wii's online play!!!

I dissagree, nintendo is not doing so good with its online playing, but if nintendo comes out with a headset, it will beat the crap out of 360 and PS3

Shadow3401 said:
I dissagree, nintendo is not doing so good with its online playing, but if nintendo comes out with a headset, it will beat the crap out of 360 and PS3

dude, thats wat i practically said in my 1st post on this thread.

vashivihan said:
in my post i asked that mohh2 online is good. dont u agree? in that reply, u began the answer with a no. thats why i assumed that u did not like it.

The sentence that immediately followed "no" explained why MOHH2 wasn't an example of Nintendo's dedication.

Wiinter said:
The sentence that immediately followed "no" explained why MOHH2 wasn't an example of Nintendo's dedication.

dude we had a misunderstanding its cool

drunk_duck said:
Ninty is obviously not putting 100% effort into online stuff. However, it's still there for the people who want to use it. I personally couldn't care less about online stuff, but i know there is a lot of gamers who like to play online.

I think if Ninty want to keep up their success then they should focus more on online play.
How did you to use the same user name as me ?:wtf: :mad5: You joined after me...... Forum mods, this will cause confusion....

Last edited:
sremick said:
I disagree. We are an online, interconnected society now. Online is essential to the longevity of the system, from both a perception standpoint and a practical one. People are asking for it, and getting louder and louder.

Also, online increases the longevity of a given game. Being online allows for unlimited replayability with continuously varied opponents/scenarios. It's in the interest of game makers to have every game entrench itself into the mindshare of users as much as possible before they make the sequel. Online allows for this. Granted not every game lends itself to online, but many do. I live alone... I'd rather play Mario Party 8 against random online humans than the game's built-in AI any day. A generic FPS mode of Metroid Prime 3 would be interesting and make the game valuable even once I complete it. The list goes on.
I agree 100% its the reason why games like halo and gears are still being played.
craigkillercraig said:
Online for the wii will continue to suck as long as it remains free. Meaning we'll have to pay them to perfect it.
I disagree Playstation has a better online than nintendo, and it works fine, and its FREE, Xbox just has the perfect functionality and extra features is realy what you are paying for. 50 bucks a year is not high if you can't afford that you don't need to game. you pay more than that each time you buy a game.

Nintendo DO need to start getting their act together with online play. They are making alot of good games, but alot of these COULD have online play but DON'T.
Nintendo needs to listen to the mobs...
It's time to start a riot again isn't it...Yay!!!

Back