Is our view of the Wii all wrong?

registerednerd

Wii online moderator
Jun 1, 2006
Missouri, United States
a few days ago, a thread emerged with a picture of the opened Wii flap (it is attatched for quick reference). Look closely at the disc in the slot, specifically which side the label is on. If the Wii were to be displayed horizontally the way that we currently think about it, the disc would go in upside down. Is it possible that the Wii, when displayed horizontally, goes upside down to the way we currently know, with the buttons on top?

Attachments

• x3_1151580582.jpg
    x3_1151580582.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 258
Again I'm telling u nintendo don't do stupid things so they really know if thats a problem they would do something like fix it

They probably just flipped it onto the wrong side, or it does go in upside down.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the left side of the Wii in that picture have little, rounded feet, while the right side does not? So, someone just put the disc in wrong, or like dwaltin said, the disc is just for display and is labled on both sides. Also, if you go to Wii's hardware page, the discs are pictured the way we've always seen them. Whew! That was a close one;)

Last edited:
Or MAbye It Has An Eye In Both Sides Inside The System...:smilewinkgrin:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Or MAbye It Has An Eye In Both Sides Inside The System...:smilewinkgrin:

Heh, what are you talking about? I didn't know the wii had eyes! So now, you don't play the game, the game plays you, huh, huh?

yes the SD flap goes on the bottom if you put the system horizontally and currently would make it hard to open to the SD card bay, even at E3 Nintendo said they were making changes to the system layout, this may be on of the layout changes, maybe the door will not be obstructed by whatever surface it is laid on, it is possible the knob feet will raise the console enough so it will still open in the current configuration, goto www.nwiizone.com and they have a disc ejection video that shows the disc coming out and yes the Wii print faces away from the SD port.

Back