is ps3 really that bad?

I(V)P

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2007
Saugus, MA
Wii Online Code
8378-9216-8797-3798
i mean i understand that right now its expensive and there arent many games out ... but eventually more games will come out better updates and so on. so why do alot of people bash the playstation 3 when its still early in the consol war. i mean i love my wii but eventually i think sony will out pass 360 and eventually be the number 2 contender in the consol war. frankly right now im trying to get a ps3 around 300 bucks(no a couple of friends who are moving or dnt want it for some other reason). jus wanted to no why ps3 is soo "bad"

It's not bad and really you've answered you're own question. Think about it, The Wii has been out about the same amount of time and we already have

- Strikers
- Paper Mario
- Galaxy [coming soon]
- Metroid

The PS3 is being really slow at these games and it needs to pick up the pace

lol i relized i kinda answered it right after i posted... just wanna get thoughts from other people.

its not a bad console at all. its the best console out there now and it just doesnt ahve the software to support it yet.

Theres nothing wrong with it at all except lack of games right now. Stop listening to fanboys of whatever system, and go with what you want. Wii has obvious positives and negatives compared to 360/PS3, but between those two, I feel that free online will help PS3 once it catches up on titles. PS2 wasn't an instant success, but eventually became one...
So get your PS3 and enjoy it.

EDIT: duh price too. But the gap between 360 and PS3 will lessen so that too will become less of a factor. Hopefully for the sake of PS3, blue ray will win out (im inpartial since im more than content with DVD quality videos).

Last edited:
Sometimes I bash PS3 for fun. It's actually not a bad system, except for the price and current lack of games...well let me rephrase that; good games that are worth my hard earned $60. The good thing is that those are factors that will change with time. The question is...how soon. Deep down I still like my PS3 and I will not sell it. PS3 has the capability of trouncing 360 because it is THEORETICALLY leaps and bounds ahead in terms of technology, but 360's head start and acquisition of some of PS2's key franchises has put PS3 at a huge disadvantage. PS3 may be projected to last 10 years, but it may take the majority of those 10 years for it to be competitive. I still have faith in it though.

PS3 has a lot of potential but Sony doesn't use it all. The games out are alright but 360 has a lot of great games and Wii has great games and is really fun. Sony hasn't really put the PS3 to the test yet and I have a feeling it wil eventually be on top.

I cant wait to have a PS3.
2 titles scream out to me:
Ratchet and Clank, and Heavenly Sword
oooOOooooOOoOoo *tingles*

I want the PS3 so bad right now but im waitin for Socom to come for it before i get it....the system itself is great.

The PS3 is awesome but so far, the only two games that i would even get for it are: Assassins Creed and Metal Gear Solid 4.

The latter was pushed back, so the Ps3 takes another hit. It's actually a good substitute for a Blu-ray player too. I'm thinking about getting one...once MGS4 comes out...maybe.

Time is still on sony's side

Yeah, SOCOM's on my list too.
As well as Gran Tourismo 5, any Dynasty Warriors title, and Soul Calibur titles.

I agree its not the worst system, but I personally think it will NEVER surpass the 360, i own one and the online is great, PS3 is fine, but they dont have enough great games, 360's have gears of war, halo 3, BioShock, what does ps3 have? resistance and a few others, Wii and 360 have a much better selection of games, not to mention 360 stealing all their exclusives, ( DMC 4, Haze, etc.) the ps3 is only going to dwindle down until sony buys into microsoft.

yeah those are all great games but it seems all 360 has is shooters...i mean i love final fantasy series... and cant wait til the wiiware were u can download it. but u got to also say that 360 was released wicked early compared to ps3...so obv there are a bunch more games for 360 then ps3... i was so close to buying a 360 but like i said all the games kinda seem the same (shooters)

hmm, that may be true, but if you look hard enough you kind find just as much platformers, adventure, and RPGs, but im just saying, for a console to lose so many exclusives so early in its life? this may be because of of 360s popularity though.

Back