is ps3 really that bad?

I own both the Wii and PS3. Both basically since launch. I find myself playing the Wii far more often than the PS3 (which surprises me). The Wii is flat-out FUN.

However, the PS3 is still the better "technical" system. And that means when I want to get immersed in serious gameplay it's still my platform of choice. On my 47" 1080p TV with full surround it's awesome. Of course... there are still only like 3 or 4 games I want to play on it.

I keep thinking like everyone else that once the titles start coming it will be a kick-a system... but there still aren't any "must-have" titles for it. Hell, I play my PS2 games more than I play my PS3 games right now.

If I had to buy just 1 today... Wii in a runaway. Cheaper price. Better games (so far). Tons of buzz and cool new stuff just around the corner.

i would pay 600 dollars if it were the best damn thing ever.

yes. abosloutly THE worst console ever (not including the phillips CD-i).

Last edited:
I think the PS3 is cool with its affordable blue ray and hard drive now that the price is coming down.

The problem with the PS3 is that it is so expensive to develop games for. It's going to take 2 or 3 years before third party developers can _consistently_ produce high quality games for it.

Another thing that I can't stress enough is that the Wiimote configuration makes FPS games fun on the console whereas before they were only fun on the PC. The mouse and keyboard is far better than PS3 and 360 controllers but only a little better than the wiimote.

I think pretty much everyone's ideal system is a system created with 360 online, PS3 technology after about 3 years maturity and the Wii's control system.

I see it like this the hit to sony would be 360 early launch, then taking exclusive titles like a previous poster said, price point, and easier to develop for 360, also the holding of key first party franchises. Seeing as the price is dropping, and those first party franchises are on their way, i see the only thing stopping ps3 from taking the top would be Xbox live, and frame rate issues( which i heard they have fixed) put those aside and the ps3 has what it needs to get back on top. Unless something major changes with the other two i don't see it not happening

yungblood6 said:
I see it like this the hit to sony would be 360 early launch, then taking exclusive titles like a previous poster said, price point, and easier to develop for 360, also the holding of key first party franchises. Seeing as the price is dropping, and those first party franchises are on their way, i see the only thing stopping ps3 from taking the top would be Xbox live, and frame rate issues( which i heard they have fixed) put those aside and the ps3 has what it needs to get back on top. Unless something major changes with the other two i don't see it not happening

Well there is no way to tell for sure, as things haven't played out yet, but while ps3 is doing their thing the other systems are not just sitting around.
Wii has sold well despite not having good games, and they are getting their hits out this year and early next year.

So the Wii won't slump and will still sell relatively well.
Based on that, and with what the ps3 is doing I just don't see them making up all that ground any time soon.
It'll happen down the road perhaps, but it won't be changing drastically this Christmas.

As for the Ps3, I may get that or a 360 for Christmas.
I think both are doing their part in their respective categories.

its the price tag which is the BIG letdown!
think about it, the casual gamer is a kid, average wage family, they aren't gonna wanna pay out £400 on this when the 360 and wii are out
sony have made a big mistake, there's no denying it's a decent console, but they've spent too much time putting money into it without thinking about the consequences.
that's my opinion

What i find funny is that back in the nes and sega days consoles where 400 bucks, then went to 500 so why was it ok then to pay that much for a console but now its not?

The lack of consistant games works to my advantage. I hate buying a good game, then another one comes out RIGHT after that one. I dont know about you guys, but it doesnt sit well with me to spend $60 on gamesevery week. That's the only thing I didnt like about PS2.

i live in england ok yungblood?!
and £400 is 700-800 dollars.
so... all i can say is... america think they got it bad!
ps3 may have gone down in price a little now... but 400 quid was the lst price i saw

yes, and the high price is mainly because of bluray, a bluray player can cost upwards of a 1000 dollars, making this a good price, even though i find the 360s graphics just as good, if not better.

It's the price, really, and that crazy technology of theirs! People just aren't prepared to pay so much for a game console, which has way too many needless features. Take the Wii, it could be super powered, but instead they made it simple and affordable! Guess what: it's selling good.

Development for the ps3 is also the hardest. It is the most expensive, most difficult, and most time consuming, hence the lack of software. And with a slow start, they won't do well. Developers are already changing from the ps3 to the wii and 360, because it's cheaper, it'll sell better, and there's a larger population of people out there how can get the game. Bad start=early end.

When ever I consider video games today, I think about the Wii or 360. I often forget ps3 even exists, knowing only one person who owns one (from a very rich family, by the way).

Back