Is RARE even around anymore?

I loved the Rare games on the N64, especially Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. If the Banjo game on the 360 is any good it might convince me to buy one!

For those who said the cartridge was huge. Here's a pic of it compared to a normal CD:
dsc00447zy3.jpg

samXcor3 said:
timesplitters 4? is that what you said?
Most of the people that were involved in the N64 days have left Rare now. Some left to form Free Radical, who coincidently created the Timesplitters series.

Walugi said:
banjO360...
i hate nintendo for selling rare.
Read my post before spouting crap like this:

me said:
the reason they're microsoft exclusive is because the owners sold a 51% share to Microsoft. This means that they have a controlling part, and nothing would get published on a Nintendo console anyway, so Nintendo sold their shares in Rare.

This is pretty much common knowledge.

If Nintendo would have kept stocks in Rare, they still wouldn't have had games published for them, simply because Microsoft wouldn't want it (and since Microsoft would have control over it) and would have...

...Sing it with me...

...Vitoed any game by Rare, for Nintendo.

Here endeth the lesson... :mad5:

EDIT: I have a bigger SNES cart! :prrr:

SizeofSNEScart.jpg

Last edited:
RadNad said:
But nobody can beat my NES Controller!
giant-nes-controller4.jpg
I want you soo bad!

...The controller that is...

Such big buttons....

*cough*...

Last edited:
RadNad said:
Yeah, the thing is, I'm not a girl... And the controller looks like it's made out of cardboard.
I kinda guessed you weren't the one in the picture.

And to be honest, I wouldn't mind even a cardboard one. Although I think it might actually be wood (search for giant controller on google, there should be a pic of someone making one of those out of wood).

Oh, and in case you didn't get it, I said it for comic effect.

I figured that out ;) I'm just tired and bored but can't be bothered to sleep because my uncles are around and are playing Chess with my Dad and are laughing loads... Who finds Chess funny?

I think the last game from Rare I played was Donkey Kong Country. I havnt seen any newer games from them.

Back