IS rare still putting gsmes on the virtual console

dark maste

WiiChat Member
Apr 8, 2009
Now i am fully aware that rare sold there soul to microsoft but when i go on the wii shop channel i see donkey kong country which was made by rare. I also know that rare is also trying to put there games on the xbox live marketplace now it is a little disapointing that banjo kazooie had to go on there and not on the virtual console.Whats going to be next donkey kong 64 on xbox live marketplace? I mean they need to put some more of there games on the virtual console

Nintendo bought out all rights for DKC, thats why it's on the VC.

Rare never put anything on the VC

Nintendo bought out all rights for DKC, thats why it's on the VC.

Rare never put anything on the VC
Correction: Nintendo always had the rights to DKC, because Donkey Kong is their franchise.

So basically, don't expect any other Rare games because Microsoft owns the rights to them from buying Rare (except Goldeneye, which is a legal minefield).

so nintendo brought the rights for donkey kong so where is donkey kong 64

so nintendo brought the rights for donkey kong so where is donkey kong 64
Like I already explained, Nintendo didn't buy the rights, they always had the rights. Donkey Kong is a Nintendo trademark. As to where DK64 is... have you seen how stupidly slow they release these games on the Virtual Console?

Nintendo owns the DK characters, but Rare owns the actual program code for DK64 game. So they'd have to make a deal together to get it on the Virtual Console.

yea it might as well take a while because nintendo is realeasing games on other consoles that nobody cares about

yea it might as well take a while because nintendo is realeasing games on other consoles that nobody cares about
Nintendo is releasing games on other consoles... I dunno where you get your information but I suggest looking for it somewhere else if that's the crap you're being fed.

Prove it
Or
gtho2gu1.jpg

Back