Is Skate 2 any good?

nachoxman

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
I used to play Tony hawk games a while bak and now i m wondering if skate 2 is any good. is it like tony hawk games? Is it worth getting?

There is a demo of it on Xbox LIVE so your best bet is to download that and see for yourself. I downloaded it last night, but I haven't played it yet.

But if it's anything like skate. then it won't be too much like tony hawk. It is more of a skating simulator than Tony Hawk, since in tony hawk you can just keep doing tricks and flying in the air like crazy.

Was the first Skate good? :lol:

2 looked good, but I've been put off from skating games in general since the last few Tony Hawk games.

Brandon, I was asking the same question and I feel the same way. I was turned off skating games too since the Tony Hawk games, and Skate 2 really seems to be getting a lot of hype.

I liked the demo... think I may get this game, I hadn't had a skating game in forever.

This game is nothing like tony hawk. It plays completely differently, much much more realistic.

the skate 2 demo scared me away from buying it. the crappy dialouge and HORRIBLE walking controls just made me want to play skate 1 again. "YO that was buttery!"

But Skate 1 isn't realistic, you can land whatever you want, however you want with bad time and everything. But I noticed in Skate 2 it's different

I meant realistic as in you can't go flying 100 feet in the air like in tony hawk.

I think the general consensus on this game is: If you have skate. 1 then no real need to get it as gameplay is nearly identical. But if you don't then it is an excellent game.

I'm gonna get it once I find a deal on it somewhere.

i downloaded the demo. looks like a pretty good game.

As Brownies said ask Smurf haha. I will try and answer the questions I saw where relevent

is it like tony hawk games? Is it worth getting?

It is definitely worth getting and it is NOTHING like ANY Tony Hawk game

Was the first Skate good? :lol:

2 looked good, but I've been put off from skating games in general since the last few Tony Hawk games.
Brandon, I was asking the same question and I feel the same way. I was turned off skating games too since the Tony Hawk games, and Skate 2 really seems to be getting a lot of hype.

Don't let Tony Hawk games scare you away. Skate 1 set a new mark in Skateboarding games. Skate 2 has improved on this ALOT

I liked the demo... think I may get this game, I hadn't had a skating game in forever.

This game is nothing like tony hawk. It plays completely differently, much much more realistic.

Correct, It's amazing compared to Tony Hawk

i downloaded the demo. looks like a pretty good game.

It is a good game =]
The storyline is short however after this is completed theres loads to keep you busy + online

If you can get it for $10, then go buy it. If not, don't even bother.

Wrong, I paid £40 for this game and it deserves a full retail price!

What's so bad about it?

I'd say the walking is kinda crappy. Other than that nothing, I'm playing it right now haha :D

Last edited:
Yeah I don't get how they messed up the walking controls but I can't see it as something that will bother me.

How is the offline multiplayer? Is it just the two modes that were in the demo or is there more to it?

Back