Is the 360 still good without HD?

*Wii60*

WiiChat Member
May 22, 2007
ya well im getting a 360 either today or tomarrow and i just wanted to know if it still looks really good without an HDTV, can u guys just help me out a little?

I guess if you have never seen one in HD it would be ok. I used to have mine hooked up to my computer monitor because I though it looked so shitty on my SDTV. I have a HDTV in my room now though, and I wouldn't play it on anything that isn't HD.

I had mine hooked up to my old 27 inch SDTV for a week before I got my 46' HDTV, and while the HDTV looks awesome...I still enjoyed playing the Xbox in SD. It's like the Wii, where the gaming is more important than the graphics.

I'm on vacation right now, so I obviously didn't take my HDTV with me. I'm playing on an average TV here in the room and it still looks incredible. :]

Silent-Sniper said:
Where do you get that assumption from, loads of people have HD TV's now, me included, and they own.

My bro doesn't and it still looks good though.
its almost a basic fact..
hdtvs are VERY new
of course the majority of people are still going to have SDTVs

i'm wanting to get a hd tv but they are just so much money! but i play on an sdtv and its really impressive!

Sovieto is right, HDTV is still a very new product, no matter what you may think.

there are 5 catagories of people who purchase new technology or a "product", (I just call it technology.): Innovators, early addopters, early majority, late majority, and laggards. We are not even past the early addoptors yet.

But more to the point, i have an HDTV, a HD compatible TV, and a SDTV. To answer your question, all three look great, the HDTV I find makes a much more "crisp" picture. But beyond that it does not make the graphics any better if that is what you are worried about. This is a common thought among people who want to puchase an xbox. It is NOT true.

I would still recommend getting an HDTV.... eventually because it looks really good, But although its worth it, its just not needed if you dont already have one, I have no problems if i have to play it on my SDTV, when my girlfriend is watching the HDTV.

the 360 is still great without a hdtv, but if you get deadrising and your playing it on a standard tv, then prepaid to not be able to read the text!

Nfanboy said:
360 sucks either way.

Why did you buy the piece of sh*t 360 anyway? Get a Wii and DS and have more fun
nfanboy, you have to stop going around and saying that consoles that other people like suck! people are really going to start to hate you...

the xbox is amazing on HD....unbelievable....but...>BUT....the wii is amazing all together...lol..so ..screw xbox! lol

As far as regular TV's go....
Let's put it in a different perspective

Gears of War is to Twilight Princess as.... Twilight Princess is to Super Smash Brothers 64.

And that's me never have seen a 360 on HD.

Back