Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

is the nintendo wii the best graphics of the 3 ???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by dizzler, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dizzler

dizzler gangster member

ive heard rumors that out of the three new consoles (xbox 360, ps3 and wii)
    the wii has the most advanced graphics, to go along with its revolutionary control system! are these alligations true ?

post me back
    :Ddizzler:D

2. motherbrainrulez

motherbrainrulez WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8024-1926-5495-8435
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    3 words... not a chance

3. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Nope it dont
    Who cares about grahpics anyway
    if you want graphics go for a ps3 noob for play Wii

4. Daniel92

Daniel92 WiiChat Member

5. Recusant

Yeah, not even close. It might even (probably) have the WORST of the three.

6. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    it does but the wii will have better games
    gran turismo wateverwhereonnow grahpics up sod all else
    tekken 5 same
    fifa beckhams hair changes every match

7. chris71124

chris71124 WiiChat Member

Wii has good grpahics for nintendo, but not a chance against ps3. But they are catching up to Microsoft!:)

8. Combat Deity

Combat Deity WiiChat Member

i swear loads of the peeps who post on this dont know athing about the wii!! :scared:

9. CadaveR (Ivo)

CadaveR (Ivo) WiiChat Member

Heh, there's simply NO WAY. Ps3 and Xbo 360 are pretty much equal. Actually I'd go as far as saying the xbox might have an edge as far as shaders and it's general purpose 3 cores go. That's a looong, looooong story. Developing for a 3-core machine is already a nightmare, imagine this and multiply by 2... then you have the PS3 right there. Ps3's graphics unit is said to be an alternative Geforce 7800 series model. Xbox's one is using unified architecture, and that's the real deal. It's completely new. From start to finish. No high-end PC will have a copy of this thing 'il 6 months (or more) from now.

The Wii, in the other hand (and according to some developers directly talking to ign.com...) might feature a single-core 729mhz cpu + around a total of 80 MEGA RAM of total system memory. That's a VERY pitiful configuration. I understand how the history has shown how efficient Nintendo can be to extract the very best from their consoles, but no miracle can be done. It's simply technically impossible. Exactly like the things are shown at the moment, it's impossible.

I also agree (as I said before) with Nintendo's strategy to put the fun and control factors above graphics, but these very same graphics are VERY IMPORTANT as well. Don't underestimate the power of visual influence. People love beauty. People BUY beauty - and they pretty much want it in their games too. At around 250 US Dollars, such technical architecture as the one made public by the BIG N is not fair. I'm not happy for buying an XBOX copy in the end of 2006. That machine is located in 2001 and that's where it should stay. I enjoy Nintendo's efforts on playability but the whole thing would just get even better with a decent CPU and GPU being put together for a more convincing REAL "revolution". Fantastic, innovative controls + very nice graphics and sounds and you have a clear winner (at least for me).

Just my opinion anyway.

#9 CadaveR (Ivo), Jun 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  10. phimuajedi69

phimuajedi69 WiiChat Member

these numbers seem really unrealistic to me....i can't even find a laptop computer that has below a 1.4 GHz processor...

article
    not sure how much i trust this article, they say their source is game informer magazine

they are claiming the wii will also have a physics processing unit (ppu) and a lot of ram to make up for the lack of hard drive

then again, those numbers are twice as powerful (roughly) as the gc

From nintendo.com

11. CadaveR (Ivo)

CadaveR (Ivo) WiiChat Member

I've seen many technical projections for the Wii, but this one seems particuarly more realistic. A physics processor with just 32mb of memory seems really realistic to be fitted into such a small amount of internal space as presented in the Wii. It seems really reasonable. It would take a good amount of horse power processing from the CPU's shoulders; it would release it. Quite good. It would not dramatically overheat the system and a huge cooling system would not be needed. Very nice. I like the idea. More St-1 ram, cache memory and more Mhz from both CPU and GPU would be VERY apreciated as well. That's the only important thing missing thus far from Nintendo.

12. ghghgh14702

ghghgh14702 Hero of Time

Most likely the graphics will be better then at e3, for 1 the system isn't completely finialized, 2 these games are still in production, the "beautifing" process is usually one of the last, and 3 these are the first run of games, the first batch of games from a developer for a system, is usually not as good of graphics. I still say the difference in the consoles graphics will be comparable since I'm not going to zoom on my characters 5 0'clock shadow and you'll forget about graphics about 30 seconds into any of these games if the game is good. also for $600 the ps3 IS NOT enough of a graphical improvement, from the previews I've seen this system looks glitchey and not well setup, specs are not everything, saturn had 3 processors and playstation wiped the floor with it, if some noname company game out with this console everyone would laugh at them and they would go bankrupt with no sales.

13. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Unofficial WiiChat Helper

Wii Friend Code: 7114-5214-3386-2022
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    It seems a little low but this is what gamestop says

CPU IBM Broadway 729MHz
    Internal Storage 512MB Flash Memory
    GPU ATI Hollywood
    Optical Disc Drive 8cm GameCube/12cm Wii
    Supported Resolution up to 480p
    12cm Disc Capacity 4.7GB (single) / 8.5GB (dual)
    System Memory Unknown
    Memory Expansion 2 SD Memory
    Wii Controller Ports Wireless (4 minimum)
    Internet Connectivity WiFi 802.11b/g
    GameCube Controller Ports 4 Ports
    Disc Compatibility GameCube
    GameCube Memory Expansion 2 Ports

Downloadable Content NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafx

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp

#13 Link_of_Hyrule, Jul 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  14. Octogon

Octogon 戦士王

Wii Friend Code: 1979-1154-7425-1363
    1979-1154-7425-1363
    I don't relly care about the graphics as much as I did beofre. why? Because graphics have reached a point where they are good enoughf. Any thing better than the Gc is good enoughf.

15. Arcadium

Arcadium Not Banned

Wii Friend Code: 6980-3796-3948-8393
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    anyway it didnt BUT u know its still in development, so I think they will beat the 360!

16. Sam_Harris

Sam_Harris ******

Wii Friend Code: 8426-6514-9175-8079
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    to me graphics arent a factor aslong as it is colour and not really pixelly (is that word) im fine i really care about the game play but im sure there is plenty of people who care

17. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Unofficial WiiChat Helper

Wii Friend Code: 7114-5214-3386-2022
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    personaly i think the specs on the gamespot site are wrong along with the suposesive leaked specs from the game dev on maxconsole i personaly think the specs will be at least 1.5ghz and 128mb memory

18. DarkDepths

DarkDepths WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 7061-0622-1076-8579
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    Why would you think the specs will be that high? I would be very surprised if it tops 866mhz. I do though think that "hollywood" will likely have its own proccessor. Really... why would you expect more. It is a tiny system that not a lot of hardware can be crammed into. This is not to say I don't expect great things! I believe that after a graphics card has been in development as long as this one has and the creator starts tooting their own horn, something great must be planned. Until more is released, we will just have to speculate!

19. ghghgh14702

ghghgh14702 Hero of Time

Most advanced, probably considering that it was made specifically for console, not ported to console from computer, most powerful, no, but than again there have been more powerful spec-wise consoles that didn't beat the graphics of lower spec units, its mainly in the development of the game to take hold of the graphics processing power, if the developer doesn't try it will look like crap no matter what system its on, the playstation series is notorious for bad looking good games and good looking bad games, Nintendo makes the best games and are really offering more for your money, the ps3 is not worth the money spent, if you want graphics, use the 4th system, a PC, it will beat out the console every time, a PC has the latest tech(physx system for example), developers know how to get power out of the system already and in a year or so PCs always outclass the consoles.

20. ssbb_lover

ssbb_lover Novocain Stain'd

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Man, have u not read about the wii at all? Go to IGN at read it up. There's no chance the wii will have better graphics than the PS3, I wouldn't be surprised if the N's next console still hasn't caught up w/ PS3 as far as software goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.