is the ps3 really that good

What do you mean? The system was fine, though the launch games were fairly weak, like the wii's. Sony did a good job at getting the console out there, but like the psp, the console evolves over time. Just like a mmorpg, as well, they patch and add to the firmware. The ps3 had a rough start as Sony dealt with the new services and firmware. The ps3 store is growing now rapidly, the ps3 now upscales dvds and ps1/ps2 games to look better now. Basically, the system was out but there needed a little bit of time for the Operating system to be buffed up. One thing at a time.

The ps3 is freaking amazing right now, and I have a feeling we are in for some suprises.

What else do you want to know, because im not sure I quite get what you are looking for.

the PS3 is a great console, but its failed unfortunatley. Compared to the Wii/360 the PS3 doesnt stand a chance at this moment in time, and it doesnt look like thats about to change.

If the PS3 doesnt seel well by the end of the year (christmas time) then Sony will most probably pull out, seeing as how the wii and 360 wil have sold around 15 million by then.

But in its own light, the Ps3 itself is a good console, just too pricey for things we wont ever need. Not my cup of [STRIKE]wii [/STRIKE] tea.

Warrior said:
the PS3 is a great console, but its failed unfortunatley. Compared to the Wii/360 the PS3 doesnt stand a chance at this moment in time, and it doesnt look like thats about to change.

If the PS3 doesnt seel well by the end of the year (christmas time) then Sony will most probably pull out, seeing as how the wii and 360 wil have sold around 15 million by then.

But in its own light, the Ps3 itself is a good console, just too pricey for things we wont ever need. Not my cup of [STRIKE]wii [/STRIKE] tea.

I dissagree. Only a few months ago it was released in Europe. The PS3 is a very new and young system. Considering there is not much out right at this second, it has been selling very well. It has a lot of features people will end up using and many developers have claimed that gaming needs the blue ray format compared to the regular dvd. Big titles are on the horizon, FF, MGS, SOE is dedicated to bringing MMORPGs to the market, some good more bad. Sony decided to take the loss in hopes of long term success, somethign they are very good at. No verdict can be made untill at least 2009, not before.

Warrior said:

Sony will NEVER pull out.

inuyasha_freek said:
is the ps3 really that good when it came out
you do you realize you used a present-tense word, "is", and then a past-tense word, "came", in conjunction with one another? just thought id let you know

and besides resistance, which i think was only given high scores cause it was a launch titles (and theyre always rated higher for that fact) there wasnt much reason to buy the ps3, the longer you wait to get a ps3, the more worthwhile itll be

Warrior said:

But in its own light, the Ps3 itself is a good console, just too pricey for things we wont ever need. Not my cup of [strike]wii [/strike] tea.

You can't compare the 360 with the PS3 on its current sales as the 360 has been around for about a year. I don't have the exact numbers, but the PS3 is selling at just about the same rate that the 360 was selling last year.

I don't see Sony pulling out of this one. Not by a long shot.

Warrior said:

lmao
you heard it from warrior himself guys, PS3 IS A FAILURE!
8 months in with 4-9 more years to go? pshhhh, who cares about the future, its a complete FAILURE.

im tired of these threads that talk about how good or bad the ps3 is....................whoever makes these threads needs to die

PS3 is a fine system. look at the capabilities and it's really crazy. if you are just looking at sales, it's not pretty for the PS3 because even though 600 bucks it's not that much considering what you are getting, the majority of the people generally don't want to spend that much money. and the games out for it right now is, well, weak. really weak.

i'm getting my PS3 either this week or next week and i think i'll only get Virtua Fighter 5 and resistance. those will do me good.

i'm thinking of selling my Wii. but i'm not sure if i want to part with it just yet.

Holy hell, I havent seen someone with minus rep in forever :/

Shiftfallout said:
I dissagree. Only a few months ago it was released in Europe. The PS3 is a very new and young system. Considering there is not much out right at this second, it has been selling very well. It has a lot of features people will end up using and many developers have claimed that gaming needs the blue ray format compared to the regular dvd. Big titles are on the horizon, FF, MGS, SOE is dedicated to bringing MMORPGs to the market, some good more bad. Sony decided to take the loss in hopes of long term success, somethign they are very good at. No verdict can be made untill at least 2009, not before.

i completely agree that the console war can't be decided until 2009 because youll be able to go to your local game store and have all three consoles sitting in front of you, and you can pick.

@original poster- i do think the ps3 had a weak launch, i like the system. (i like the wii more but i like it better than the 360)

now, with that in mind, do i think the ps3 can turn it around? absolutely. all it needs is one exclusive thats amazing. Last gen, halo brought the xbox out from utter abomination. i would like to see something do that with the ps3.

The PS3 is a great system. You have every Playstation game made to choose from. Great graphics, great c\experience. I'd personally have to wait for a little price drop and a few more games. But I'd give it 9/10.

Back