is the ps3 really that good

No the PS3 is not that good. Buy a ****ing iPhone for $600. Its not expensive, it can do more then a normal phone. The PS3 is expensive. $600 for a gaming console that can do 100 different things that have nothing to do with games, no way. Now an iPhone, thats a smart $600 investment. I dont know why I spent $600 on a PS3 when i could have bought the iPhone instead.

PS3=expensive
iPhone=cheap

I bet the people who said the PS3 was expensive are getting an iPhone. I hate you people. Hate.

Is the ps3 is good, its just that their are people that doubting its abililties/are too stupid to understand that developers are doing their best to learn how to make games or anything else for that matter on the system!
Give it a year or two, and the ppl saying that its bad and it'll never be good cause of its selling point will definitly change their minds about the system when it turns the tide in the console world upside down in their favor!

I know, its just the logic people use is really illogical. "The PS3 is to expensive so i got a 360 and Wii instead" Um, what?

I think the iPhone is the PS3 in the phone world. The only difference is its not worth $600.

Ive been using my PS3 and as many features as i can, even the remote play which is very cool.

Right now, no. People say it'll live up to its potential, though.

Though I see no evidence of that, I'm not out to prove them wrong. Could easily happen.

And there are about two exclusive games for it. One that hasn't come out yet; MGS4 (Which, I'm guessing, will probably end up on the 360).
And I'm not even sure if L.A.I.R. is out yet.

Point is, it's not worth $600 right now.
I don't care if it has blu-ray, people. Not like it matters to me.

Koukin said:
Right now, no. People say it'll live up to its potential, though.

Though I see no evidence of that, I'm not out to prove them wrong. Could easily happen.

And there are about two exclusive games for it. One that hasn't come out yet; MGS4 (Which, I'm guessing, will probably end up on the 360).
And I'm not even sure if L.A.I.R. is out yet.

Point is, it's not worth $600 right now.
I don't care if it has blu-ray, people. Not like it matters to me.

wow there son, thers a lot more than just two exclusives coming out for it. Try in the double digits. The games like resistance online are fun, the darkness just game out, virtua tennis is good... it upsacales and plays DVDs, PS1 and PS2 games. I consider that worth it alone, being able to watch my DVDs in HD. But then, if its not worth it to someone else, the fact remains its not that its not worth it, rather there is no excuse they have found yet.

Shiftfallout said:
wow there son, thers a lot more than just two exclusives coming out for it. Try in the double digits. The games like resistance online are fun, the darkness just game out, virtua tennis is good... it upsacales and plays DVDs, PS1 and PS2 games. I consider that worth it alone, being able to watch my DVDs in HD. But then, if its not worth it to someone else, the fact remains its not that its not worth it, rather there is no excuse they have found yet.

Of course! How could I forget Resistance! And--
Darkness? It's exclusive? I really didn't know that. Then again, I've barely heard anything about the game.
And well, I have a PS2, so I'm fine with that. And DVD's in HD, well I have an HD DVD player, so I'm fine with that.
And, well I guess I just didn't like mine. I had one for a few months, didn't like it that much.
And what do you mean, I haven't found an excuse?
I just don't like it.

Koukin said:
Of course! How could I forget Resistance! And--
Darkness? It's exclusive? I really didn't know that. Then again, I've barely heard anything about the game.
And well, I have a PS2, so I'm fine with that. And DVD's in HD, well I have an HD DVD player, so I'm fine with that.
And, well I guess I just didn't like mine. I had one for a few months, didn't like it that much.
And what do you mean, I haven't found an excuse?
I just don't like it.

Looks like you fail at reading and comprehending. Resistance is a great online experience, thats my point you couldnt seem to grasp. The darkness, has more content than the 360 version, that alone makes it worth it in my opinion. Also, you seem to think that a multiplatform game therefor negates the fact that IT DOES EXIST for the PS3. lol

You dont like the ps3. You can do that, go for it, but if you are going to give a reason, give a factual reason. Do not blame me if you are to retarded to admit they have a much bigger list of exclusives out there.

I find it stupid when people fool around with a console right after its released and then therefore think they have some great judgement on how great the system is. Systems take time to take off, especially in this day an age where game developement requires a bigger budget and a lot more time.

Just stop making excuses for your ignorance. Admit the facts and why you feel as you do, rather than admit your non factual spin.

Fomula One: Championship Edition SCEA 74
Full Auto 2: Battlelines Sega 67
Genji: Days of the Blade SCEA 55
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire Namco Bandai 34
MotorStorm SCEA 82
Resistance: Fall of Man SCEA 86
Ridge Racer 7 Namco Bandi 78
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom SOE 58
Proven Franchises (11 [31%])
Title Publisher Release Date
Afrika SCEA TBA
Angel Rings SCEA TBA
Coded Arms: Assault Konami TBA 2007
DC Universe* SCEA TBA
Driver 5 Ubisoft TBA
Eight Days SCEA TBA
Eye of Judgment SCEA 10/2007
Eyedentify SCEA TBA
Fifth Phantom Saga Sega TBA
Final Fantasy XIII Square-Enix 2008
Final Fantasy Versus XIII Square-Enix 2008
Folklore SCEA 2007
God of War III SCEA TBA
Gradius 6 Konami TBA
Gran Turismo 5 SCEA TBA
Heavenly Sword SCEA 9/2007
Hot Shots Golf 5 SCEA 2007
Killzone SCEA TBA
L.A. Noire 2K Games TBA
Lair SCEA 8/2007
LittleBigPlanet SCEA 2008
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Konami 2008
NBA 08 *NEW* SCEA 9/2007
Ni-Oh Koei TBA
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction SCEA 11/2007
SingStarPS3 SCEA 10/2007
Sly Cooper 4 *NEW* SCEA TBA
SOCOM 5 *NEW* SCEA TBA
Tekken 6 Namco Bandai TBA
The Agency* *NEW* SOE 2008
The Getaway 3 SCEA TBA
Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune SCEA 11/2007
WarDevil: Unleash the Beast Within *NEW* Ignition 2008
Warhawk SCEA 8/2007
White Knight Story Square-Enix TBA
WipeOut SCEA TBA

Theres an exclusive list. Add the multiplatform list to the mix and you will have one big ass list. There will be more announced games as well.

Again, the only one you have to blame for your ignorance is yourself.

Shiftfallout said:
Looks like you fail at reading and comprehending. Resistance is a great online experience, thats my point you couldnt seem to grasp. The darkness, has more content than the 360 version, that alone makes it worth it in my opinion. Also, you seem to think that a multiplatform game therefor negates the fact that IT DOES EXIST for the PS3. lol

You dont like the ps3. You can do that, go for it, but if you are going to give a reason, give a factual reason. Do not blame me if you are to retarded to admit they have a much bigger list of exclusives out there.

I find it stupid when people fool around with a console right after its released and then therefore think they have some great judgement on how great the system is. Systems take time to take off, especially in this day an age where game developement requires a bigger budget and a lot more time.

Just stop making excuses for your ignorance. Admit the facts and why you feel as you do, rather than admit your non factual spin.

Theres an exclusive list. Add the multiplatform list to the mix and you will have one big ass list. There will be more announced games as well.

Again, the only one you have to bame for your ignorance is yourself.

Hey, hey. Calm down. I'm sorry I made a mistake, and all I'm saying now is that I didn't like it. That's MY opinion. Please, I didn't mean to start an argument, and I see no reason why you should be insulting me and calling me stupid. "Looks like you fail at reading."
Really, no offense, but that's not very friendly. If you want to pick a fight, there are many here that will gurantee a great one. Me, I just wanna be friendly to all.
I'm sorry you dislike the fact that I didn't like my PS3. I'm sorry I made a mistake of saying there weren't any exclusive games. I'm sorry for whateverthehell else I did.

Koukin said:
Hey, hey. Calm down. I'm sorry I made a mistake, and all I'm saying now is that I didn't like it. That's MY opinion. Please, I didn't mean to start an argument, and I see no reason why you should be insulting me and calling me stupid. "Looks like you fail at reading."
Really, no offense, but that's not very friendly. If you want to pick a fight, there are many here that will gurantee a great one. Me, I just wanna be friendly to all.
I'm sorry you dislike the fact that I didn't like my PS3. I'm sorry I made a mistake of saying there weren't any exclusive games. I'm sorry for whateverthehell else I did.

only replying in kind. I am calm, why would you assume otherwise. Its a freaking forum that uses text, not tone of voice, to communicate. You were quite sarcastic about pointing out there were not more than the two games you choose to only think exist.

Your opinion is fine, but if you are going to say why, do it factually without spin, spin is what you did. You admit your mistake, thats all you needed to do, or even better, research it. I did tell you the exclusive list was in the double digits, just follow up and find out for yourself instead of being sarcastic.

=/ it's all about the games for me.

Sure blue-ray and HD-dvd are fine if that's what you want (personally i love DivX players... 1 200min movie on a CD in HD?)

I love my 360 because it's got games i like - e.g. shooters ^^

I've only ever had the PS1 and i've played on both the PS2&3 (bro has PS2, friend has PS3)... and all i've ever seen for 'em is: "metal gear solid:we really need new ideas for a title" and "FF:all the same, pushing buttons interface, 'do this'" (except for 12... apparently) games...

(I hate FF games... only good one was VIII (Y)... pushing buttons and telling some girl in some skimpy outfit and some guy with nice hair and a massive weapon (gun blade lol) what to do... isn't my idea of fun =/)

But i'm sure it'll get better, give sony a chance... after all it's only been out for a few months-ish.

---

Good idea:

Play on the console before you buy it... i'm sure a games retailer will have one out somewhere =/

---

Oh, another thing... i never liked the PS controllers... i've got really small hands... so they never really fit and the analogue control stick was always a bit fiddly ^^... but that's my own stupid genetic fault.

---

At the end of the day... it's up to the end-user... choose what's right for you ^^

Shiftfallout said:
only replying in kind. I am calm, why would you assume otherwise. Its a freaking forum that uses text, not tone of voice, to communicate. You were quite sarcastic about pointing out there were not more than the two games you choose to only think exist.

Your opinion is fine, but if you are going to say why, do it factually without spin, spin is what you did. You admit your mistake, thats all you needed to do, or even better, research it. I did tell you the exclusive list was in the double digits, just follow up and find out for yourself instead of being sarcastic.

You just controdicted yourself, mate. Like you said, it's text, not tone of voice. I never said ANYTHING in sarcasm. I admitted my mistake the second post I made on this thread. You just couldn't leave it alone, though. Please, don't lecture me. I admitted my mistake, you still insulted me.
I'd say you should admit your mistake. Don't assume I was sarcastic when you don't know if I am or not. You make it seem like you're better than me. For all I know, you could be in numerous things. But really, I don't need to know that.
Sorry, once again. I think you should be sorry too, but I'm not gonna force you to apologize or anything. Now, back on topic, everyone.

Back