is the wii a child's system

ol' ballcoach

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
i was wondering what all your opinions are about whether u think this system is a kidie system.

im an adult and i still like playing mario kart and other games like that.

what do u think?

The Wii is a child's system and an adult's. :)
Kids can play it and so can Adults it's nothing embarassing or anything.:thumbsup:

I agree with 'wiicanchangetheworld' just because a console is playable by children and adults alike doesn't make it a childs system. Thats my opinion

This is what annoys me, people always link Ninty with "Kids console"

It is not, kids play every console, you never see a thread asking if the PS3 is a kids console.

Just because it has some cartoony games does not mean it's just for kids, take South Park for example, that is a cartoon for adults.

On another subject LONG LIVE THE WII :thumbsup:

nailed it in one. i think you would find more kids play the ps3 because it is sterotypically the "best" and most "popular" console of "their" time (21th century). WIll have to admit that the 360 probaly sees the least amount of children.

The Wii rules. Let a little kid try Zelda...I doubt they'd be able to progress very fast at all, if they ever progressed AT ALL. Some games are childish, some games aren't. But this system is very fun, either way. I wouldn't normally play a tennis game, but Wii Sports Tennis is amazing!

epikon said:
i think you would find more kids play the ps3 because it is sterotypically the "best" and most "popular" console of "their" time (21th century).
I am a kid (12 years old) and I see almost no kids playing the PS3 since their parents do want to buy a $699 console.
And more kids are probably playing the Wii since at this rate of bought consoles the Wii going to surpass the Xbox360 even when it has a head start of a year and already doubled the PS3 and the PS3 has a head start of 2 days :thumbsup: :D

epikon said:
nailed it in one. i think you would find more kids play the ps3 because it is sterotypically the "best" and most "popular" console of "their" time (21th century). WIll have to admit that the 360 probaly sees the least amount of children.

Thanks.

I also would love to see a kid try and play Resi Evil (Kids game? Ha..)

They would be like :yikes: :yikes: All the way through.

Sorry but if you dub Ninty as a kids console company, think again! :prrr:

:thumbsup:

As many of the other posters said, it's technically for both. Here, I'll prove an example for you with certain games:

Family-Friendly Games:

-Rayman Raving Rabbids- A ton of (easy) mini games, with a cool storyline.

-Rampage: Total Distruction- Easy to pick up game for the little ones, with a long comprehensive storyline.

-Cars- Based on the movie, as well as it being an older game, kids will still enjoy the control scheme as well as the characters from the movie.

-Excite Truck- An easy, but challenging and fun game with many unlockables.

*-Madden- Cool way to handle passes and rushes, as well as catching those long passes.

* means it may be a bit challenging for younger audiances, but it's for all ages.
Older Gamers:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- A game that pretty much challenges your integrity and eyes with witty puzzles and cool dungeons.

Red Steel- A game in which has a multiplayer killing spree, as well as wielding swords and guns.

Call of Duty 3- The first War game for the Wii, in which it may not have multiplayer like other versions, but the control scheme makes up for it.

*Need For Speed: Carbon- Need For Speed is for the older audiance, Cars is for the younger.

Blitz: The League- A Football league with no rules, blood, drugs and sex...need I say more upon why it's not for the kids?

Mortal Kombat Armageddon- Ported to the Wii, going to be one of the first mature rated fighting games.

[quote[This is what annoys me, people always link Ninty with "Kids console"[/quote]

Like my brother. nintendos aren't a kiddie consoles, they're just not a lots-o-blood-and-gore-and-M-rate-games consoles

Back