Is the Wii being region locked the worst part of the system?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Anyone but me hate the Wii being Region locked??? I mean if it was region Free I would have Donkey Kong country and Bleach for the Wii, I mean does the system REALLY need to be region locked, the PS3 and 360 are not region locked so why is the Wii.

Ok Most Disks (DVD's and Games) have something that has a region on it (most America DVD and game are region one)
And Japans Disks are another region meaning you cant play them on your America Wii, which sucks and means games like Bleach and Naruto are Japanese titles only and you cant even play them on your Wii. Also Nintendo has made the Virual Console Region locked meaning that most country's have a different section in what games that can download.

I think its retarded too...but at the same time its kinda genius on Nintendo's part. Cuz we are all looking forward to certain games coming out. Plus you do realize that some titles that might be hugely popular over in Japan would tank in America right? I know I for one find some of the Japanese games to be completely retarded and pointless. But hey if they like them and The Big N is profiting from it I say go ahead.

I agree. It sucks even more in australia, assuming you don't come from Australia as your profile doesn't say...but we don't have Excite Truck, Trauma Centre or even...other things! I plan to chip my Wii to make it Region Free and nothing else (no illegalness)
(after warranty expires)

Its bad, but the worst part of the system is the european 50hz VC games for NES, SNES and Megadrive.

They should do away with the 50hz and region locking and just release games that will run at 60hz and on any region console.

Yes the region lock sucks ass. Its great with DS - playing a US ff3 thats not even out in UK is amazing...

Back