Is the Wii ever going to come out with games such as Halo?!?!

Tomahawk33

Flip Skateboarding
Dec 18, 2007
Yeah Hi lover, But I was wondering if the Wii will ever come out with a sweet first person shooter, Besides Call of Duty or Medal Of Honor. Im just lookin for a game thats sweet like Halo and it will have sweet online play like Halo. PLZ RESPOND!!!

I meant at the beginning "Yeah Hi, Im a Wii lover...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't ever imagine it. Serious/great FPSes are not what the Wii is about. Sure, there is Metroid, but that's a game designed around an "experience"- that of using the unique Wii hardware, compared to a traditional FPS, which honestly would require a bit more control than the Wii can offer, imo.

Tomahawk33 said:
Yeah Hi lover, But I was wondering if the Wii will ever come out with a sweet first person shooter, Besides Call of Duty or Medal Of Honor. Im just lookin for a game thats sweet like Halo and it will have sweet online play like Halo. PLZ RESPOND!!!
Only time will tell, nintendo isn't known for FPS's other than MP. Maybe a 3rd party will actually try and make one, none to this day I personally know of, Medal of Honor is good though, I don't know why you don't like it.

Medal of Honors 2 has great online as halo :p

hahaha i just like the 32 online multiplayer game :D

but it's still inferior compare to halo.;

keep ur heads up for timesplitters 4 thou!

Hmm, well halo would do better on the wii... in terms of gameplay, not graphics imo. The wii is just well suited for fps games, fast reactions, real pinpoint accuracy. Wii fps can be great, someone's just gotta figure out how to work it.

killik119 said:
Hmm, well halo would do better on the wii... in terms of gameplay, not graphics imo.

I believe the system specifications support that claim:sick:

Give it time and Wii will get some good online FPS, maybe not a 'Halo' but an adequate game will come.

killik119 said:
Hmm, well halo would do better on the wii... in terms of gameplay, not graphics imo. The wii is just well suited for fps games, fast reactions, real pinpoint accuracy. Wii fps can be great, someone's just gotta figure out how to work it.

There is no way the hardcore FPS gamers would be able to get the same acuracy and detailed control with the Wii. Even RE4, as an example, is dummied up to accommodate the Wii/controls. There's only so much you can do with the control format, and Halo...Gears of War...UT3...it just seems too much, too fast paced for the lil Wii.

Maybe a basic question, but what is so good about Halo 3?

Spinty said:
Maybe a basic question, but what is so good about Halo 3?

Good combo of story, action...and of course the heavy Multiplayer, the ability to design your own maps, make changes mid-game, etc. There are whole clans based just on the MP aspect of Halo 3.

It's a fun game, but it's not something that can be emulated without making it easier for the Wii.

But doesn't it get a little repetitive? I mean, once you've shot one alien, you've shot them all.

Can't the same be said about any other game. For example, once you've killed a gumba, you've killed them all. Or the fighting of mario vs bowser over and over again?

Syntax said:
Can't the same be said about any other game. For example, once you've killed a gumba, you've killed them all. Or the fighting of mario vs bowser over and over again?
Well said, I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. Halo has more replay value than any other game I know, and I should know I played form release until two weeks ago when my Box broke. Yeah it gets repetitive but the video game industry would be dead if you thought about like that dude.

Meesterjoj said:
There is no way the hardcore FPS gamers would be able to get the same acuracy and detailed control with the Wii. Even RE4, as an example, is dummied up to accommodate the Wii/controls. There's only so much you can do with the control format, and Halo...Gears of War...UT3...it just seems too much, too fast paced for the lil Wii.

Lol, are you serious? Wii controls are only second to the traditional keyboard and mouse, which is where the real twitch reflexes lie. Maybe you've never held a rifle before, the Wii offers a far more realistic control than analog sticks ever can. All that is needed, is to make turning with the wiimote faster (you can adjust the speed of which you turn in MOH:H2). Then twitch gaming will be like traditional arcades again, except you'll have more freedom and it wont be on the rails.

Back