Is the Wii Getting... Boring?

AtomicB said:
Please tell me you're joking...

1. Fuzion Frenzy was a party game.
2. Blue Dragon was an RPG.

And because we all know how good Fuzion Frenzy and Blue Dragon was! Please, care to name an Adventure game?
banjo kazooie 3
BAM.

bigm0nkey said:
This is dumb, I'm out...:wtf:

Stick around! I'm going to stand over here in the corner and lob random, extra off topic posts into the mess. :lol:

Now it's degenerated into an argument about what constitutes an adventure game, hahaha!!

RIGHT, ANYWAY! BACK ON TOPIC!
no, the wii is not getting boring.
there are plenty of games with replayability or whatever it's called and meanwhile so many titles to look forward to this christmas.
and dont forget, sorry if anyone aint looking forward to this [im looking forward to the board more than the game] but wii fit.
dunno about mario kart, doesnt seem that great.

changing the subject a little...
this is a statement from a site with some news from the great game developers valve who brought us games such as half-life, cs source etc.
but anyway this is it:

Valve Software has hinted that Nintendo's Wii will factor into its development plans in the future, Gabe Newell describing the console as "more valuable" than Xbox 360 and PS3.

click here for source

and arguing out of bordem is not cool, go play your wii or something!

You know what. I am looking forward to Wii Fit!
Why?

Because it's not just a shell, like the zapper or the wheel. It's an actual piece of hardware. And the possibilities vary. If it can detect how you're standing...

Sovieto said:
banjo kazooie 3
BAM.
wow i cant even argue on that one thats a classic that i wouldn't mind playing right now. I had to go pick my girls son up im back now. But my point is don't bash the other systems without valid points, like Atomics comment on ps3 online, that was just retarded. but wii is cool, but damn you got me on the banjo kazooie thats a hell of a lot better than most games period.

I got one for ya Psychonauts, that was original but damn i still cant get over banjo that was a low blow

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
wow i cant even argue on that one thats a classic that i wouldn't mind playing right now. I had to go pick my girls son up im back now. But my point is don't bash the other systems without valid points, like Atomics comment on ps3 online, that was just retarded. but wii is cool, but damn you got me on the banjo kazooie thats a hell of a lot better than most games period.
Especially considering it's not even out yet...
And don't be modest, you've given your fair share of 'retarded' comments as well. But it bites that the original games developers are now non-existent. They were good games.

All these comparisons are pointless - if YOU are bored with YOUR Wii then it is. I'm not bored with ours so it isn't.

What's with all the constant attack/defense of the different platforms? Why do people feel the need to elevate what they own, by diminishing what they don't? I can enjoy our Wii in a vacuum - I don't need other platforms to be "worse" for us to have a ball playing Zelda. If I wanted to play Halo I'd go get a 360 and have fun with that (and the Wii or PS3 wouldn't factor in).

Weird.

DT, your right but I think most of this Attack/Defend stuff comes from people not willing to give things a chance EVER and most of it comes from people who only own non-nintento consoles and cant or wont let themselves try something new (as Humans we like the familiar).

In the same way the new controles brings new people into games because of its easy to use feel, it can also alienate some people who have only known what they have been using before this new fangled way of doing things came out.

Some people I know who have been playing FPS games ever since Doom was originaly released on the PC refuse to accept that the wiimote + nunchuck could work with such games, the only thing id say to this is GO PLAY MP3 with its almost, if not perfect controles.

There is a way however of deciding if this new control method realy is up to the challenge and that is to have a cross platform FPS that people can play with Joypad, Mouse+Keyboard (Currently the undisputed best method) and the wiimote+Nunchuck. If it employed the system from MP3 then id have to say it would give the mouse + keyboard players something to worry about especialy in capable hands.

Dont forget this sort of thing has gone on for years.

Atari2600 vs Colicovision vs Intellivision.
ZX Spectrum vs C64
Atari ST vs Amiga.
Nintendo vs SEGA (Any console).

To name but a few.

AtomicB said:
Especially considering it's not even out yet...
And don't be modest, you've given your fair share of 'retarded' comments as well. But it bites that the original games developers are now non-existent. They were good games.
I noticed he said 3 but did you notice i just said banjo kazoie
yea it is sad that most of the ones are gone, but tim schafer is still here but unfortunately he isn't making games for the wii but rather PS3 and 360, he needs to because i bet he would make a better game then most of these developers for nintendo would.

Last edited:
VeggieManUK said:

ZX Spectrum vs C64
Atari ST vs Amiga.

To name but a few.

Outstanding post! Not too mention this isn't limited to videogame consoles:

Mac v. PC
Florida v. Georgia (American college football IYDK)
Chevy v. Ford
Blondes v. Brunettes v. Redheads (this is a win-win in my book :D )

[etc]

RE: the underlined

Terrific old school technology battle! I spent a little time in those trenches too. I had an: A1000, A2000 (with a Toaster), a 520ST and a 1040ST (used the ST's with Cakewalk and a couple of others + an ESQ-1 keyboard).

Fun stuff!

~DT

VeggieManUK said:
DT, your right but I think most of this Attack/Defend stuff comes from people not willing to give things a chance EVER and most of it comes from people who only own non-nintento consoles and cant or wont let themselves try something new (as Humans we like the familiar).

In the same way the new controles brings new people into games because of its easy to use feel, it can also alienate some people who have only known what they have been using before this new fangled way of doing things came out.

Some people I know who have been playing FPS games ever since Doom was originaly released on the PC refuse to accept that the wiimote + nunchuck could work with such games, the only thing id say to this is GO PLAY MP3 with its almost, if not perfect controles.

There is a way however of deciding if this new control method realy is up to the challenge and that is to have a cross platform FPS that people can play with Joypad, Mouse+Keyboard (Currently the undisputed best method) and the wiimote+Nunchuck. If it employed the system from MP3 then id have to say it would give the mouse + keyboard players something to worry about especialy in capable hands.

ZX Spectrum vs C64
Atari ST vs Amiga.

To name but a few.
Apparently MOHH2 is supposed to have better controls than MP3 given the customizable sensitivity.

its funny when peple think they are hurting someone by saying the wii sucks.

anyway most awesome thread reqad all day

Back