Is the Wii Getting... Boring?

Thats funny i don't remember ever giving a flying hoot back in the nintendo sega days, other than the gameboy and the game gear debates. Most people that owned one owned the other especially since they were a couple years at least apart. got one on christmas got the other the next, now that pc vs mac **** that was heated.

OFF TOPIC:::::OFF TOPIC.

Terrific old school technology battle! I spent a little time in those trenches too. I had an: A1000, A2000 (with a Toaster), a 520ST and a 1040ST (used the ST's with Cakewalk and a couple of others + an ESQ-1 keyboard).

DT, your telling me you had a toaster? OMG, $10K worth of graphics card in its time. Man that was one peice of kit anyone into animation would have given their right arm for.

I can remember getting into GFA raytrace on the ST and thinking that was cool ;)

My early days started on the ZX81 (Probably not that well known outside the UK) and then onto the Speccy, I can remember getting into the same sort of arguments about which was best (Speccy or C64) even though the C64 had better GFX (to an extent - more colours = less defenition) and better sound (Although a well known guy in the 8bit scene called Tim Folin managed to get 5 channel sound fron the speccy - Amazing considering it had a peizo buzzer for sound output and technicaly only 1 chanel) - the power of MC ;) ).

VeggieManUK said:

DT, your telling me you had a toaster? OMG, $10K worth of graphics card in its time. Man that was one peice of kit anyone into animation would have given their right arm for.

I can remember getting into GFA raytrace on the ST and thinking that was cool ;)

My early days started on the ZX81 (Probably not that well known outside the UK) and then onto the Speccy, I can remember getting into the same sort of arguments about which was best (Speccy or C64) even though the C64 had better GFX (to an extent - more colours = less defenition) and better sound (Although a well known guy in the 8bit scene called Tim Folin managed to get 5 channel sound fron the speccy - Amazing considering it had a peizo buzzer for sound output and technicaly only 1 chanel) - the power of MC ;) ).
wow how old are you guys, i remember the atari, my brother had a c64 but what the hell is all that other stuff? my first computer was an ibm something, but the first computer i really got into was the apple IIgs, i still have that thing in my basement i love that thing, matter of fact i think that might be my ibm down there thats in pieces every where.

Last edited:
VeggieManUK said:

HUGE apologies to the OP :)

Yes I did! With a TBC in a really loaded A2000 - I was doing some networking/PC work at this shop that could buy from several big distributers, including one that carried various Amiga and Amiga related 3rd party - they were basically getting network engineering for nothing from a 16 year old kid, so they even floated the purchase for me.

I was doing some video/titling work for several companies around town, and was able to beat most of the video specialty shops from both price and quality of deliverables. I spent a lot of time watching Babylon 5 and plinking around in Lightwave thinking I would eventually open a business doing 3D modeling and animation (I did do some 2D/3D medical imaging integration way later in my career). I would up selling it and came ahead with the revenue I generated + my cheaper cost to purchase (the fellow that bought did some amazing stuff).

I loved the Amiga, way ahead of it's time - concurrent multiple resolutions, multitasking OS, slick scripting language, killer graphic hardware.

I remember writing MC to do all sorts of crazy stuff on my C64. There was a guy who programmed the onboard 6502 on the 1541 disk drive to rapidly move the heads so they played a *tune* using harmonics (which was hellish on the alignment, but a cool demonstration).

I remember the Sinclair machines, had a buddy with one. About the time that came out, I was working at small shop after school that sold Kaypro machines (good ol' CPM :D ) - I guess those were the forerunners to the modern notebook, although I remember we called them "luggables".

Yeah, I'm pretty old school, but pretty much kept up with tech, sold 2 companies, on my 3rd with the wife, but was there in the late 90's when the bubble was at it's largest size, deployed a banking website in '93, went through an acquistion in 2000 during the peak of the rollups (was almost bought by iXL), now doing some killer web based enterprise solution in the federal and clinical research space (in between surfing and fooling around with my car :D )

Cheers!

~DT

WII MAKES ME GO WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :lol:

HERE'S MY BUTT FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAINS OR FLAMES THE WII
:ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

I think the main reason why people got was it super smash brawl

but what really disapoints me is that its coming out in febuary:wtf:

[DT] said:
All these comparisons are pointless - if YOU are bored with YOUR Wii then it is. I'm not bored with ours so it isn't.

What's with all the constant attack/defense of the different platforms? Why do people feel the need to elevate what they own, by diminishing what they don't? I can enjoy our Wii in a vacuum - I don't need other platforms to be "worse" for us to have a ball playing Zelda. If I wanted to play Halo I'd go get a 360 and have fun with that (and the Wii or PS3 wouldn't factor in).

Weird.
Couldn't of said it better myself, well done.

Since this thread continues after this being said, it seems people cannot resist beating a dead horse. I guess I might as well join and take a few cheap shots of my own. :lol:

VeggieManUK said:
Atari2600 vs Colicovision vs Intellivision.
ZX Spectrum vs C64
Atari ST vs Amiga.
Nintendo vs SEGA (Any console).

To name but a few.
Agreed, however people obviously mistaken the actual advantages of these competing systems, which is available selection!

This isn't like the format wars such as Beta-Max verses VHS or the current Blu-Ray verses HD-DVD, where having the exact same variety being differed between two rival formats simply because companies are undergoing stiff competition. No, the difference is that if a system's hardware and users are able to support a given title there is a good chance we will see that title on multiple systems.

Keep that in mind. Unlike the format wars which are offering the public one primary feature, high definition video, the console market offers a wider array of flavor to our choices.

Nintendo Wii
The Wii is specializing in innovative controls and focusing more on casual and social game play. They are doing this without forgetting it's loyal fans of the GameCube and there previous line-up by offering remakes of it's popular titles and of course the "Virtual Console". Personally one of the greatest advantages to the Wii is that I can take it to virtually any social gathering and get everyone from grandma to kinder-gardeners to play and have a surprisingly great time, something that is difficult to say for the other consoles.

Playstation 3
The Playstation 3 remains loyal to it's fans pushing cutting-edge technology to the market along with it's attempt at innovative controls. It is unfortunate that the sales and expensive has turned gamers and developers away (at least for the time being), as the potential for this console could surpass the next 10 years worth of development. This system still offers the best for the least amount of money if you actually realized what you was getting, it's just it's slow moving game support and development still requires momentum before it can actually compete with anything on the market today.

Xbox 360
The Xbox 360 in my eyes is a harmonic blend of latest technology, affordable pricing, and intuitive functionality. This system deserves respect no matter if it's library and gaming style is preference to you or not. I have always said this is the most well rounded system available on the market as of current and for this reason I have a high respect for this system despite I'm not supporting it this generation. (That could change however, I actually like having a variety. :))

Noting a post on the other "Wii...Bored" thread, "the Wii is still too new". I would also like to note it required the impressive sales of the Wii to slap developers in the face to get them motivated, since development takes time there has been a bit of a stall. So in turn we have had a period where the game selection has been a bit slow to the shelf however if I remember correctly the same was mentioned upon release of the Xbox 360.

So keep this in mind, choose your consoles that match your gaming preferences as the selection is personally doing us all a favor. As far as opinions are concerned, they are simply opinions, as what one person likes as well as dislikes is sometimes not the same as others. Regardless it is best to respect then if you desire the same, as there is obviously no need to fan the flames. :lol:

Last edited:
KrisKhaos said:
Couldn't of said it better myself, well done.

Since this thread continues after this being said, it seems people cannot resist beating a dead horse. I guess I might as well join and take a few cheap shots of my own. :lol:

Agreed, however people obviously mistaken the actual advantages of these competing systems, which is available selection!

This isn't like the format wars such as Beta-Max verses VHS or the current Blu-Ray verses HD-DVD, where having the exact same variety being differed between two rival formats simply because companies are undergoing stiff competition. No, the difference is that if a system's hardware and users are able to support a given title there is a good chance we will see that title on multiple systems.

Keep that in mind. Unlike the format wars which are offering the public one primary feature, high definition video, the console market offers a wider array of flavor to our choices.

Nintendo Wii
The Wii is specializing in innovative controls and focusing more on casual and social game play. They are doing this without forgetting it's loyal fans of the GameCube and there previous line-up by offering remakes of it's popular titles and of course the "Virtual Console". Personally one of the greatest advantages to the Wii is that I can take it to virtually any social gathering and get everyone from grandma to kinder-gardeners to play and have a surprisingly great time, something that is difficult to say for the other consoles.

Playstation 3
The Playstation 3 remains loyal to it's fans pushing cutting-edge technology to the market along with it's attempt at innovative controls. It is unfortunate that the sales and expensive has turned gamers and developers away (at least for the time being), as the potential for this console could surpass the next 10 years worth of development. This system still offers the best for the least amount of money if you actually realized what you was getting, it's just it's slow moving game support and development still requires momentum before it can actually compete with anything on the market today.

Xbox 360
The Xbox 360 in my eyes is a harmonic blend of latest technology, affordable pricing, and intuitive functionality. This system deserves respect no matter if it's library and gaming style is preference to you or not. I have always said this is the most well rounded system available on the market as of current and for this reason I have a high respect for this system despite I'm not supporting it this generation. (That could change however, I actually like having a variety. :))

Noting a post on the other "Wii...Bored" thread, "the Wii is still too new". I would also like to note it required the impressive sales of the Wii to slap developers in the face to get them motivated, since development takes time there has been a bit of a stall. So in turn we have had a period where the game selection has been a bit slow to the shelf however if I remember correctly the same was mentioned upon release of the Xbox 360.

So keep this in mind, choose your consoles that match your gaming preferences as the selection is personally doing us all a favor. As far as opinions are concerned, they are simply opinions, as what one person likes as well as dislikes is sometimes not the same as others. Regardless it is best to respect then if you desire the same, as there is obviously no need to fan the flames. :lol:

agreed to eeverything you said ^_^

Wow, took me a long time to get past all the stupid pointless arguments that proved NOTHING in the middle but i'm finally at the end!

to the OP, Very nice job. i think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

High Five!

Ps: Arguing for the sake or arguing? Really? when is that ever acceptable?I can understand DISCUSSING, but not arguing.

I have to admit after having the wii since it came out/ the wii is totally gay the games are lame and their all about mario and his adventures ontop of luigi

AtomicB said:
View attachment 3528Well... Is it?

Alright, Alright. This is completely lame!
I have a huge bucket of troll food here that I'm just waiting to throw out! I sold my flame shield and sword and whatever other stupid forum slang that might relate to an actual object!
Bash me. Hate me. Drive a freaking stake through my points! I'm in the open!

Okay. Where to start, where to start. I guess from the beginning! Alright.

I'm sure most of us have seen those "I've had my Wii for almost a year now and..." Yada, yada, yoda. Yeah, those are what I like to call "Impatient Morons".

The Wii has been sitting on my shelf for almost a year collecting dust!
Well buy some games then, idiot!

There are no good games out on the Wii!
Nothing but Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Zack & Wiki, Elebits, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, ect.

Well, Resident Evil 4 doesn't count because it's a port.
Yeah, and we all know ports can't be good games! Even if they do have improved sound, controls, and graphics!

Well, none of those games sound good to me! They're all boring and easy!
Have you even played ANY of them?

Well, there are no good games coming o-
Battalion Wars 2, Manhunt 2, Guitar Hero 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad. And stop saying "Well".

The Wii has been out for almost a year! It should have an onslaught of AAA titles by now!
Yeah! Just like the 360 did! And just like the PS3 does! Really, compare the Wii's launch and first year to any of the others.

There are no good games announced for next year!
Right, because Nintendo should announce all of it's games for next year this year! It makes perfect sense!
Really, that's one of the stupidest excuses I've heard. And it's not even true.
We already have Animal Crossing Wii, Kirby Wii, Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl announced for next year.

The Wii's online is lame! No good online games coming out for it! EVER!
Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 has 32 online multi-player. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will have the trading and sharing of custom levels, screen-shots, and videos along with 4 player online fighting.
The Wii has been out for less than a year. You expect them to jump start the online just like that? It's even better than the PS3's non-existent online right now.

Well, I'm going to sell my Wii and buy an Xbox 360 anyways.
Okay. Bye. Wasn't that nice knowing you!

You fall under "Impatient". That's a lot like saying "Why don't we have a Smash Bros. game!" when it's been announced already.
And you're one of the lucky people who's old system still works. My N64 died years ago. My SNES is dead as well. My Genesis is still kicking though.
You know, some people actually, oh I don't know, LIKE the classic games.

Do you know how long it's been since I was last able to play Toejam & Earl? FOREVER! Why? 'Cause they don't SELL IT anymore. Now I own it again!

The Wii has been out for LESS than a year. Why people expect it to be an instant success is beyond me! Rants done. Return to your lives (or what's left of it).

i have just one thing to say the wii wii/ wee wee is totally sad all the games are about mario and his adventures on top of peach i urge everyone hear to chuk their wii and get a 360/ps2. for funny clips on people smashing the wee wee/wii go to utube

i know this is all about opinion but i have a 360 and a wii and i will have to say the 360 is a total waste of my money. Halo 3 was fun for about a week but then i beat it on legendary and got tired of online play because its not that amazing. Not to mention the lack luster amount of games for the 360 worth playing. Gears of War was fun but not fun enough to finish or compelling enough. I will have to say though Dead Rising was a fun game and i really enjoyed it. Im not saying that the 360 does not have any great games its just that most of them are the same built with the same frame they just have different skins. Now the wii on the other hand is great and has a great amout of games of different styles. Trama center was great, Metroid Prime, super mario strikers, Elibits, Mario Party 8, Wario ware smooth moves. That is just a very short list of the great games on the wii. Before you go off and just assume i am some kinda fan boy im not and i rather hate that word. I am a fan of all games on all game systems i just get tired of playing the same game over and over thats why i dont like the 360 as much because its all the same every game. I will say i am looking forward to Call of Duty 4 i was on the beta and i absolutely loved it. As for the PS3 well it has MGS4 coming out so theres something but thats it. But for all of you that say the wii is getting boring and you dont play it that is your fault for not going out and buying games and trying new things. Also, you have a huge selection of VC games to pick from and if you dont like them then you dont know your roots and i can see why you like the 360 as much because its all the same thing over and over and we wont see much games that turn out to be classics.

i think the wii has a strange nameand has put many people i know off buying one i think nin64 was the best console ever my cousin has a wii and at school everyone cals him wee wee/ weemon/ weemonster

Brilliant post, was really entertaining and made alot of sense, this should sort out the guys that are "Impatient Morons."

Back