Is The Wii REALLY worth it?

The_One

Living Legend
Dec 24, 2006
British Columbia
:cornut: Hey peeps, I still have not purchased my Wii, they are impossible too find right now. :mad2: But I was wondering, is it really that good. I would like some feedback from owners plz... The problems I am having are the graphics, now I know its the early stages of the console, but I have not been impressed by the graphics, only Zelda looks good. Mind you I have seen little of the other games, also the Wii Mote controller, is it great to use? I am having my doubts now, and any encouriging information can really help. How many mature titles will their be, and does the classic controller work with every game if I dont like the Wii Remote? Thx:thumbsup:

As far as mature people liking it...I'm a med student and I'm very happy with the system so take that for what its worth. Also I know there's more mature games such as Sadness coming out in the future (others too). The graphics are good...nots as good as PS3 but I like them. So far I own three games that I love other than Wii Sports (also great)...Zelda, Elebits, and Trauma Center. I think its worth it...inexpensive, fun, and great games.

Yes. The Wii is well worth the hype, the cost and the great reviews. £180 well spent on machine and Wii Sports, £30 well spent on Zelda, £35 well spent (well, received Xmas pressie actually) on Wii Play, and £15 well spent on Classic Controller.

I love the Wii.

Is the Wii worth it? If you mean is it worth the $250 then absolutely. Wii Sports is lots of fun and Zelda is just amazing. Just dont expect great FPS games to come out. This system is more a party/sports machine.

OKay,
Graphics are generally okay.. Could be better i guess..
Wiimote is great to use.. I haven't had a problem with it yet.. And its comfortably always sitting in your hand... Very light weight to.. the only thing that bugs me is.. when im laying down trying to play games.. can't do that :(
And no, Classic COntroller only works with VC games.. but it's okay.. Don't worry! :p

Just look at the sales of both consoles, Wii is outselling the PS3 by 2:1. But Sony has problems manufacturing blue diodes though :/ sucks for them.

imo, the Wii is really cool and you should definitely get it. It's really small and so i bring it to my friends house easily.

Wishale said:
OKay,
Graphics are generally okay.. Could be better i guess..
Wiimote is great to use.. I haven't had a problem with it yet.. And its comfortably always sitting in your hand... Very light weight to.. the only thing that bugs me is.. when im laying down trying to play games.. can't do that :(And no, Classic COntroller only works with VC games.. but it's okay.. Don't worry! :p
I play Zelda laying down, just 'cause I have to get comfortable 'cause time flies while playing it :p and I can do that alright :p But I suppose you can't really play boxing or bowling laying down :)

as for the classic controller, i heard that you can use a gamecube controler instead.....

wiifreak9292 said:
as for the classic controller, i heard that you can use a gamecube controler instead.....
Only for certain games. It's best just to get the classic controller and be safe in the knowledge that it works with all games.

is it worth it? If you are not a die hard fan or do not play games that often. Then I suggest you wait till the price goes down. (because it eventually will). Unless you really really want it.. patience is the key

I had this thought about 3 days before Christmas, "Is the Wii really all it's cracked up to be?"

The answer? YOU GOD DAMN BET IT IS! When I saw videos, I would have given the Wii a 9/10, and any console 9 or above is worth investing in. When I got my Wii, it was 20x better than I expected. An 11/10.

Seriously, I knew the Wii was good but not this good. You'd be a fool not to get one.

Last edited:
COLDshiver said:
Just look at the sales of both consoles, Wii is outselling the PS3 by 2:1.

Geez I wonder why? Could it be because there are 2-1 more Wiis to purchase than the PS3? Could it be because its $350 cheaper? You cannot use that as an example as to why to buy a Wii.

Back