Is The Wii REALLY worth it?

Put it this way, you either want a wii or you dont. If you really want a console price isnt really an issue. You get the people that say i want a Ps3 good on them let them geta ps3. It depends on what each and every individual wants from a video game system.

The wii is awesome. My whole family liked the wii, unlike the $400 xbox 360. Wii sports and zelda are awesome, the rumble gives it a realistic feel, and excite truck has great controls. I would get it!

The only area I think nintendo needs to improve in is the online support.

Here's some mature title's that have been released. Not sure of them M rated title's, but just a few off the top of my head.

Call of Duty 3
Red Steel
Far Cry
Splinter Cell

There could be more, I really don't know.

yes trust me the graphics are good in games like call of duty 3 i admit the graphics on ps3 are amazing and a lot better but wii is more fun to play especially with friends also we is a lot cheaper xbox 360 isnt that good either the graphics are still better than wii but still its nowwhere near as fun as wii i can personaly say get WII

In my opinion the wii is worth every penny! Although the graphics are currently no up to par with the Playstation3 Or The Xbox 360, in time developers will find new ways to push the system to the limits to produce almost perfect graphics. However the gameplay makes up for this greatly, with new innovative ways of controlling the character on the screen it ads a whole new level of realistic gaming. The good titles so far are only a dime a dozen but expect that to grow immensly by next christmas. I reccomend that you buy one and have tons of fun with it! Also good luck finding one!

The_One said:
:cornut: Hey peeps, I still have not purchased my Wii, they are impossible too find right now. :mad2: But I was wondering, is it really that good. I would like some feedback from owners plz... The problems I am having are the graphics, now I know its the early stages of the console, but I have not been impressed by the graphics, only Zelda looks good. Mind you I have seen little of the other games, also the Wii Mote controller, is it great to use? I am having my doubts now, and any encouriging information can really help. How many mature titles will their be, and does the classic controller work with every game if I dont like the Wii Remote? Thx:thumbsup:
get a 360 man... its better

Ecko, comparing the wii to the 360 is like comparing apples to oranges. They both have different strengths and weaknesses. The 360 doesnt have motion sensoring technology. Although the wii doesnt have absolutly mindblowing graphics. They are both great consoles for different targeted audiences. I personally own both and the compliment each other quite nicely.

coolg35748 said:
Ecko, comparing the wii to the 360 is like comparing apples to oranges. They both have different strengths and weaknesses. The 360 doesnt have motion sensoring technology. Although the wii doesnt have absolutly mindblowing graphics. They are both great consoles for different targeted audiences. I personally own both and the compliment each other quite nicely.

agree with you. When i want to multi-play a game or don't want to spend a lot of amount thinking. then I play the wii. The playstation is for them graphics and racing games

Being an unbiased gamer, who owns all 3 next gen consoles (which I each love), here is my opinion (for what it's worth)...

Whether you buy the Wii or not ultimately should be determined by what experience you are expecting to receive from the console. I do not know if you own either a XBox 360 or PS3. However, I can assure you that the graphics of Wii games will NEVER fully match those of the other platforms. Sure, as somebody else said, developers will eventually push the systems technology and develop games with improved graphics. HOWEVER, this process also applied to the other two consoles. In the end, the graphical advances of the consoles can't be considered because they nullify each other. Technologically, the Wii can't compete with the other cancels. END OF STORY.

The Wii is also lacking in some other great features. One of thee is third party support. Nintendo has flat out lost the majority of third party support in the past, and do you think developer Joe-Shmo over there is going to port his title onto the Wii and be creative with the Wii-mote. HELL NO! Call of Duty 3 for the Wii is nothing like either of its other platform brothers. Therefore, you may miss out on some great games. Other minor details, like advanced multimedia capabilities are missing.

On the other hand, the Wii does offer all of the best Nintendo has to offer. This is probably going to be the vast majoriy of its great games. One of my concerns is the quality of the Wii games. Sure, many of them are great, but many more are gimmicky uses of the Wii-mote. The DS has the same problem. Developers are unwilling to be creative and push the envelope and instead use these unique capabilities to navigate menus and perform minor tasks.

Since the consol is only $250, it is a very good deal. However, you are getting what you pay for.

I'll tell you that after beating Zelda, the night I got it. My Wii has received very little attention. However, I've spent countless night playing Gears of War on XBox Live on my 360. I'm also in high anticipation for Halo 3. PS3 has GTA 4 (also on 360), Tekken 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and a slew of other games being developed. The only things I really look forward to on the Wii are Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Metroid.

The bottom line is what is it that you want, what can you afford, and what games are a priority for you to play. If you have the money, and other next gen consoles, I'd invest (you could always sell it or trade it in). If you don't own any next gen consoles, I would heavily consider another platform.

I hope that helps...

Comparing current prices, yea its worth it. if the Wii wanted to pwn the hell out of Xbox and Ps3, we'd be looking at a 700$ console or something. they lacked a little on graphics to give it an amazing price.

Being a major PC gamer, I bought the Wii specifically because it doesn't have those bloody game controllers. The closest thing to the accuracy of a mouse is the Wii Remote. My kids have had every console from the NES to the XBox (no 360 or PS3 yet) and I can not get adjusted to those d-pad and sticks. Makes my hands hurt too.

However, the Wiimote is incredible. I love it. FarCry is awsome. I can't get enough of WiiSports and I hate tennis and baseball. I just hope they come out with something like Golden Tee golf for the Wii. If Wii Sports Golf had a full range of clubs, it'd be great.

One of thee is third party support. Nintendo has flat out lost the majority of third party support in the past

To be fair to Nintendo they have realised that is their problem and do seem to be doing there best to get people on board.

They seem to have patched up relations with square now, a gta is coming and EA seem to be throwing their considerable support behind the wii. Add in Ubisoft and Sega and thats a fair old amount of games producers. The fact the Wii is the hottst thing going at the moment will also attract a few of those developers too.

At the moment Sony seem to be going down the old Nintendo route believing they are amazing and trying to dictate terms to developers, and they do appear to be losing exclusives because of it.

strommsarnac said:
Being a major PC gamer, I bought the Wii specifically because it doesn't have those bloody game controllers. The closest thing to the accuracy of a mouse is the Wii Remote. My kids have had every console from the NES to the XBox (no 360 or PS3 yet) and I can not get adjusted to those d-pad and sticks. Makes my hands hurt too.

However, the Wiimote is incredible. I love it. FarCry is awsome. I can't get enough of WiiSports and I hate tennis and baseball. I just hope they come out with something like Golden Tee golf for the Wii. If Wii Sports Golf had a full range of clubs, it'd be great.

Tiger Woods 07 should land in March. Probably my most anticipated Wii game.

Back