Is the Wii still entertaining?

deano6410

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
I play most of my games on the PC, but I have been watching videos on Youtube etc of the Wii and it looks like fun.

But I am worried that it could be one of those things that is:

a) Amusing at first
b) Amusing with friends and family
c) Amusing when you are drunk

BUT....

d) Gets boring after a while and the novelty factor wears off after a while.

I know this is a Wii forum, but please try and be honest and tell me how long you have been plaing the Wii for and if the novelty is starting to wear thin?

Thanks

Hmm....I already beat Zelda, and honestly I haven't played my Wii in the last few days now because of it. I'll play Wii Sports whenever my family has the time, but not so much myself. I'm planning on getting more games soon, but I can't afford it right now. I would have to say a and b, however currently it almost feels like D, but then again I need some more games!!!!!

Go play with your sixaxis.

You sound a bit insecure :lol: I am not saying negative things about the Wii, I am actually thinking of buying one, but I am under the impression that POSSIBLY the novelty will not be enough.

I hope I am wrong though.

Is the "Nintendo wii" worth buying then dudes???

Ps. I thought ide post this here so I don't spam new threads :thumbsup:

~Matty

I'd do it over again, I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Now.... if they don't come out with killer games for the future, and add online multiplayer...... and add some channels in the future, it may be a bust.

Its all in nintendo's hands as of right now.

Some interesting replies thus far. Many thanks :D

I should point out that the novelty can wear off on ANY games console or game. But there definately is more of a novelty factor to the Wii, and I would love to hear that xx amount of hours of gameplay later the Wii is just as fun.

Please be honest though.

I can see how you would think this. In some ways I agree with you. The Wii Sports may be something that falls into that category, but you have other games you can play. Zelda may get old after you beat it, but that doesn't matter, you got your moneys worth just playing it once.

More and more games will be coming out, and I think I will be able to find enough to keep me entertained.

Great reply Tacos.

In my opinion most games lose a lot of their fun once you have beaten them, so I will NOT put that as a negative of the Wii.

So I will re-phrase my question again (Sorry)

Is the Wii controller soooo much more fun than a standard controller e.g Xbox, PS2 controller?

Does it really make the game so much more entertaining? and if so, does this entertainment factor wear thin after a while? or, are you still as impressed with the Wii controller as when you first used it?

Tacos said:
I can see how you would think this. In some ways I agree with you. The Wii Sports may be something that falls into that category, but you have other games you can play. Zelda may get old after you beat it, but that doesn't matter, you got your moneys worth just playing it once.

More and more games will be coming out, and I think I will be able to find enough to keep me entertained.

Tacos has really nailed it on the head imo, now I know I said I beat Zelda and whatnot, however I'll probably play it again someday when I forget how the dungeons are and whatnot. When I had Zelda, I played it almost nonstop. I put in over 46 hours into that Game and it was fun as heck. I can't wait to get more games, and when I do I know I'll be back into playing it almost 24/7. I think as long as you got games to play it's gonna be an awesome system for a long time. Not too mention that games you already have might get updates someday and stuff.

Honestly there are literally over 10 games I want (some not out yet), but just that fact alone I know I'll have games coming up that I'll wanna get, and I never really wanted that many games with other console systems (maybe I did for my PC, but not console wise) I would say its worth getting, and I'm not saying that because I have a wii, but I'm genuinely impressed with it when I got it.

UPDATE: Yes the controller experience is much better, and is only to get better as developers understand more of the motion technology in the Wii, I can't wait as time goes on. There are so many games that are coming out that will really take the level to a new level not reached before. Such as Sadness by Nibris.

deano6410 said:
Is the Wii controller soooo much more fun than a standard controller e.g Xbox, PS2 controller?

Does it really make the game so much more entertaining? and if so, does this entertainment factor wear thin after a while? or, are you still as impressed with the Wii controller as when you first used it?

The controllers are going to be a huge change when you get a Wii, so of course there is some novelty that wears off, however I still find the Wii very fun to play. Hell, even Wii Sports is still getting major playtime.

its like all the consoles whit no new games you get bored but when a new game arrives you cant stop playing it and getting amuzed whit the new gameplay, it happened whit me since the nes

i'm not a gamer at all, but I've been playing our wii pretty much everyday; the remote and nunchuck are the only reason .... my wife has every nintendo console and i never played any of them (except the occasional tony hawk on gc); i dont do pc games, i dont do games at all really, but look at me now, signed up on a nintendo wii forum ... its very cool, very fun and hasn't bored me yet. ha, we just got monkeyball too .. those mini games are a riot ... red light, green light and simon says are the best!

Back