Is there an update on the disc?

JGuez55

WiiChat Member
Mar 9, 2008
Just a quick question for all those people out there who have gotten to play it. Is the update on the actual disc or do I need to download it via wifi?

The update appears once you click Start in the setup screen.
It will download from there.

Alright thanks for the quick reply. But there is no actual update on the disc right? Because I don't have wifi and want to know if the game will let me play without the update.

Yep, game will be fine as there are some people who will use it offline mostly anyways. No worries :thumbsup:

It seemed to update when I first started the game. However, this morning I checked for updates online for whatever reason, and I downloaded an update. So either the disc just unlocks some update or something or Nintendo released a new update since the one on the Brawl discs, which seems quite conceivable.

The update on the disc is for SSBB. It is not an update Nintendo sent out online. My guess is that it adds makes SSBB work on the Wii.

Te reason I asked is to see if maybe it was a stab at the mod chips.. someone said they did not update their wii because of their mod chip.

HubMonkey said:
Te reason I asked is to see if maybe it was a stab at the mod chips.. someone said they did not update their wii because of their mod chip.
i thihgly doubt it as there were many ppl playing japanese brawls and now they are playing the north american ones

Back