Is there going to be a new Nintendo console?

Next Wii: September 29, 2008
Next Nintendo Console: October 16, 2011

...Just some... random guesses there...

P.S. And expecting any release outside of 2011 is an awful bold prediction. Saying as:

Nes: 1986
Snes: 1991
N64: 1996
Cube: 2001
Wii: 2006

See a pattern?

Last edited:
they have no real reason to update unless they need a boost in sales, and they would probably do a price drop before and update... dont forget nintendo is the only one making money on every system it sells... not breaking even or lossing it... they will maybe come out with a special edition "different colors, maybe dvd playback, larger hard drive" but i doubt it they really dont need it and neaither will most the people that own a wii, most updates will probably be software not hardware and done online.

the fact is wii is outselling and will most likely continue outselling the other systems this round... is it the best system? that depends on the opinion but when it comes down to it, it more depends on the system and game sales...
the thing thats gonna hurt ps3 and 360 is the fact that game developers dont care how good your system is or how good there game will look on it... they care solely on how many they can sell so all the 3rd party games that use to be xbox/ps territory only will now be going more to the wii.. just for sheer quanity they will make more money selling them on the nintendo system,
granted the wii can barley keep up with the same games as eaither of its opponets, but it has yet to be tapped fully same for its oppenets.. and you wont notice any of there full potentials untill near the end of the system life when they are fishing for the last bit of sales...

example:
see mario bro's 1 compared to mario bro's 3 on NES

same console played 2 completely different games, you would almost swear that mario 3 was a SNES game compared to mario 1

the wii has the same capability, as do the other 2 systems... the thing is the wii wont be relying on the improving graphics for future sales that the other 2 will...
But the amazing games you see currently on xbox,ps could be played on a wii maxed out... and people will be satisfied, like i said before only 10 percent would probably even notice much difference not having a high end tv...

the only thing that will hold the other 2 together this round is there good 1st and 2nd party games that there fans stick around for anyways... as for the
3rd party games aslong as nintendo keeps up this sales trend they will mostly go to them and weeks or months later they will give there sloppy seconds to the other 2 systems just as the other 2 did last round...

not that this is going to change the way the gaming world works, sony has plenty of spare cash, "see wasting it on blue ray" they can afford the hit and still come out with a great next gen system

and microsoft doesnt rely at all on the xbox for cash its just a toy they decided to make cause they were bored, and they have the money and tech to always make top of the line systems...

the only thing that changes really is now that nintendo being the top dog and only being invested in the gaming field will have a surplus of cash it hasnt seen in a couple decades, they will have the money to creat whatever they imagine the next time around, and thats what i really look forward to...

imagine the next gen systems, crazy new motion game play and who knows what else... and ontop of that when they come out in 2010-2012 with new system they will all probably be capable 1080i or higher, and all being experienced in online capabilities at that time...

its gonna be nuts huge online librarys and worlds to explore, if not all games able to buy with a click of a button online as opposed to going to the store, graphics and gameplay that we have never seen before and all of them competeing for a low price that we can all enjoy.
And this isnt because of dedicated gamers its because of the new everyday person getting back into the gaming world because of nintendo's new game play.
and with the gaming world being more popular it only benefits the gamers in price,tech and avalabilty... no matter what kinda fanboy you are it bennefits everyone cause they are all fighting for our money and will give us every penny worth just to keep our buisness...

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
Since when did wezeles start posting page long posts?

February I believe...

Next gen, yes, current gen, no.

Wii/PS3/360 are now THIS generation.

Next generation will hit probably 2011-2012 (as said by others)

I predict the next big thing will be thought controlled gaming.

Look for the next nintendo system to have a headband with contacts at the temples and middle of the forehead.

There'll probably be cases of people going to psychiatric help for thinking they have voices in their heads telling them what to do...

TiwazTyrsfist said:
Wii/PS3/360 are now THIS generation.

Next generation will hit probably 2011-2012 (as said by others)

I predict the next big thing will be thought controlled gaming.

Look for the next nintendo system to have a headband with contacts at the temples and middle of the forehead.
Similar to something like this? It's made by a fan, but looks awesome.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBMe5AvwhI[/MEDIA]
Nintendo_On.jpg

nintendo_on_140505.jpg

Last edited:
I love how Mario looks in that Nintendo On thingy.
:lol:

I'm always thinking about what the next console will be like, but I will never be able to guess. Hopefully its insane.

im trying to not think as if i get high hopes i will probaly be disappapointed.
i would be happy with a wii with amazing graphics

jimbo said:
im trying to not think as if i get high hopes i will probaly be disappapointed.
i would be happy with a wii with amazing graphics
Agreed.

Back