Is this game worth getting?

davidos90

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2007
When I saw that Mario was jumping from planet to planet in space I couldn't believe my eyes, I saw it as the death of Mario.

But according to everyone, and I mean everyone (IGN, Commercials, Gamespot, Friends, Forums etc.) this game rocks!

HOWEVER I am not a big fan of never-ending games,
So how long is the playtime on this game? I don't hardcore play games and I can't usually play for more then 4 hours without stoping. So 20 hours would suit me good, please tell me 20 hours!

The game is excellent. Graphics, Music, Game play. Some unique platformer related situations never seen before

Very addictive and rewarding.

It takes from 12 to 15 hours to beat the main game (60 stars and fly to Bowser's place at the center of the Universe) and like 12 to 15 another hours to get the remaining 60 stars. So it is like a 25 to 30 hour game to get everything and then you can play all over again but with Luigi

Buy this game.

Buy it now.

Play it as much or as little as you want but buy it.

davidos90 said:
When I saw that Mario was jumping from planet to planet in space I couldn't believe my eyes, I saw it as the death of Mario.

But according to everyone, and I mean everyone (IGN, Commercials, Gamespot, Friends, Forums etc.) this game rocks!

So how long is the playtime on this game? I don't hardcore play games and I can't usually play for more then 4 hours without stoping. So 20 hours would suit me good, please tell me 20 hours!
Get SMG now! If you liked Mario 64 then you should like Galaxy, it has pretty much the same controls but adds a fantastic sense of gravity to the mix.

I play it a couple of hours every day or so as im trying to make it last up till Christmas, so if you can only handle 4 hours play you will be fine (first 4 hours are a breeze anyway).

This game will last you a decent amount of time, especially if you don't geek out and play it all at once (do that if you want to though :lol:)

Graphics and sound are amazing in this game.
Gameplay is excellent.

Worth the purchase my friend!

davidos90 said:

:scared: I am not highly impressed with this game. I would give it a 6 out of 10. Maybe it will grow on me in time...Like a Fungus..lol I would recommend renting it or borrowing it before you sink money into it.

MiladyM said:
:scared: I am not highly impressed with this game. I would give it a 6 out of 10. Maybe it will grow on me in time...Like a Fungus..lol I would recommend renting it or borrowing it before you sink money into it.
*has a heart attack*

Most of the nintendo titles, (there big games) can reach 30 hours playtime (that was the average time for Zelda TP).

Mario Galaxy is a long game, 30 hours~ to beat it with mario but there is always something to do, there is great freedom on the missions etc; theres always a mission to do.

I kinda geeked out with this game lol, 11 hours and 70 stars i think or maybe 15 hours but yer its great fun cant wait to do it again with luigi, one question when ur luigi do u have to save mario like u had to save luigi?

MiladyM said:

Looks like someone's favourite EB Games employee put the wrong disc in the case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Mario Galaxy really is an amazing game. Some say its too easy, I don't. I don't play a game to be frustrated like I was when playing Super Paper Mario. This game is pure fun. The only reason you will be putting this down after 4 hours is you are trying to make it last, like I am. It is truly addictive.

Dayoh said:
I kinda geeked out with this game lol, 11 hours and 70 stars i think or maybe 15 hours but yer its great fun cant wait to do it again with luigi, one question when ur luigi do u have to save mario like u had to save luigi?

Gee, thanks alot bro... lol

MiladyM said:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Thanks alot, I will get this game.
I love Luigi so it's worth the pain of forcing myself playing through it all! :p

Although agreeing the game is awesome, i dont see it as good as some earlier titles, SMB3 anyone?.

But yeah, worth the wait. Go buy, now.

Back