Is this the proper (optimal) setup (pics)?

KillerQ

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2007
Hey all,

Ok, I have my Wii setup, and seems to be working ok. However, sometimes it seems that even the littlest movement will make the cursor zip across the screen....

Now, below is my current setup.

-The Screen is 65"
-The Sensor Bar (highlighted in yellow) is centered on top of the set and
5.5 feet off of the ground
-The Wii remotes are 5 feet away from the screen.

wii2hu2.jpg

I was just wondering if having the sensor bar so high (at 5.5 feet) will throw off the perspective of movement at all? I have played with the sensitivity and all, and it seems ok, but like i said, i feel that since the bar is so high, that it's throwing something off a bit...

Or does it not matter, because regardless, the sensor is supposed to be at the top of the screen -- thus being at the "edge" of the interactive field?

I actually had the sensor bar on a stand, but took it off to make it lower...

I appreciate your help in advance...

Thanks,

Matt!

Last edited:
the measurements seem kind of off....

anyways if you find your wiimotes sensitivity high(which is expected with a big tv)than you can turn it down in the sensor bar settings i think....

also make sure in the settings that you put sensor bar to above tv, if you're having problems with this than put your sensor bar below your tv and change the settings....

Hey...

Thanks for the replies... There is one light source that only shows up on high sensitivity - and even then, it only shows on the sensitivity screen when I turn and aim directly point at it....not during game play at all. however i notice that when I go back a foot or so, i gets shakey.....I'll try dimming the lights.

Also, it would take some sort of jury-riged mount to mount below the screen. I'll play around with it...

Thanks,

Matt
- Sent From My Moto Q

Don't take this insultingly, but make sure the sensor bar is flush with the edge of the TV. My cousin has a 60 inch at his parents house, and when he would put the sensor bar on top, it would be like a half inch to inch from the edge, and so when you would lower your hand the line of sight would be severed.

Otherwise I would say it is definately another light source interfering. I can tell at certain times of the day, (even though my Tv isnt near or in direct sunlight) that ambient light or minor light reflections cause my wiimote to get possessed on occasion.

Kyle,

Yes, I made sure it was flush the very first time I mounted it... Thanks for the tip though... And I will def. dim the lights later to see if that affects performance...

Thanks again,

Matt!

Back