Is this true??? (Guitar Hero)

Marioman

Locke likes oranges
Mar 18, 2007
Ohio, Cincinnatti
Wii Online Code
2808-0927-1557-0457
Well today I was having a conversation with my friends and some way or another we got to talking about GHIII...then I got into a big fight with one of them who kept saying that different people sing the songs for Guitar Hero...I thought no way...but I guess he could be right. I thought they took the orginal song and just enhanced it and crap for the game...anyone have any info that could help me find out which one of us is right?

if i remember correctly, when starting a song it says "as made famous by" or "by".
"as made famous by" means it's a remake
"by" means it's the original

Compare the versions of the Guns N' Roses song to the original, you'll hear a difference and yes it is true that the songs are sung by different people. I believe the Game Trailers review of GH III proves it.

Last edited:
have you not played any of the other Guitar hero's?

If so, then you need to clean out your ears because the guy who sings Bark at the Moon is certainly NOT ozzy. Thought he sounds a bit like him, its not. or the guy who sings Killer Queen by Queen is definetly not Freddy Mercury, seeing as how he's dead (Both songs from GHI). In GHI or II there is an unlockable video that shows the making of the songs. In the original GH about 90% of the songs were covers.

In GHII a good chunk were recorded by the artists themselves, and i think an even greater portion of the artists on GHIII recorded their own songs.

If it's a Cover, the words "Made Famous By" were shown before the band name.

If it's the original it said "By" then the band name. look for screen shots.

the slayer / iron maiden tracks sound pretty legit :shifty:

"Made famous by" ever see that? (didnt read responses in this thread, sry if its mentioned above) but that usually means it was re-done by a cover band or something.

RivalDestiny said:
Compare the versions of the Guns N' Roses song to the original, you'll hear a difference and yes it is true that the songs are sung by different people. I believe the Game Trailers review of GH III proves it.

No it's not different... It's the track straight from Appetite. That's why it says "Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses - 1987"

Anarachy in the UK by the Sex Pistols is them covering their own song, that's why it says "Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols - 2007", thats why it sounds a fair bit different.

Most songs are "by" which means it is the track they released on that respective album, but some are "as made famous by" which means they are covered.

Back