Is Todays Update Confirmation of no Headset Support?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
In today's update, Sakurai announced that pre-written phrases could be used in battle by hitting the D-Pad.

My first thought was: ****, no headset.

You heard me correctly. I suppose there is a slight chance that they could incorporate both, but why would they? If Brawl was headset-capable, they would have no reason to incorporate these phrases. What do you guys think, is there a chance of Ninty making Brawl headset-capable, or does this update prove that it wont be?

You are also free to post the four phrases you'll be using.

(Falcon Player)

-FALCON PWN!
-Knee to the Face!
-Show Ya Moves!
-I Moonwalk sexier than you!

Last edited:
hmm quite possibly, but think of it this way, sakurai made 4 different types of controls to make everyone happy

maybe he made that system and a headphone just to make sure everyone has a way of communicating...

wow i had the same thought man haha. But think of it this way:

Ninty havent yet announced a headset. Therefore they have had to design the gam without this option, just incase there isnt one. This is the reason for the pre-phrases...

IF nintendo release a headset before brawl, hen it will almost certainly be incorporated in the game, and maybe this phrases will be left in, or taken out (it wont be hard will it?)

Nintendo releasing a wii headset is inevitable guys lol, dont worry about it!

BTW... really HOPE this isnt the "big surprise" reggie promised..

^A headset? That would be one of the best surprises I could think of.

Thanks, you've calmed my nerves about no there being no voicechat.

but don't think that they'res definetly going to be one...

maybe...maybe not

but look at today's update, sakurai says you can not send those short messages to random people, so if there is a headset, you probably won't be able to use it against random people and only friends

I kind of doubt it, but it could be the big suprise that we've been waiting not so patiently for. Just think, 75 more days.

Headset is still possible :yesnod: but at least brawl isnt one of those games that really needs one. I wish it had voice chat but im just glad that it's confirmed to be online. Oh and with 4 players :p.

^Wow, I completely forgot that this not only confirmed online play, but 4 player online play. Sweet :cool:

mushroomedmario said:
but don't think that they'res definetly going to be one...

maybe...maybe not

but look at today's update, sakurai says you can not send those short messages to random people, so if there is a headset, you probably won't be able to use it against random people and only friends
I'd be perfectly fine with that.

why is everyone expecting a headset? yeah ds got it because some games need to use it, but nintendo doesn't think communication ingame is a necessity, but I really would love it:). by the way levesque, you have 1337 posts :cool:

^I wish I could say that "I'm not expecting it, it would just be a good addition." But I cant, because I am expecting it. Brawl isn't necessarily a game that needs it, but it is the game that I'll play more than all of my other WiiGames combined, and I need it.

Woah, that came out perfect, lmao.

Oh and, man, if I would have read this post before posting again I would have stopped posting on this account forever just so it could stay at 1337, haha, only kidding.

A confirmation of no headset support? I don't think so. I would say that the fact that Sakurai never said anything either way would leave the possibility that there would be some sort of headset integration.

I think the fact that he mentioned a communication basis shows they do care (or atleast want to care) about out online experience. I think, that the surprise later this month is headset support, and nintendo wants it to be an earth shattering surprise. So, if we expect it less and less, the surprise would recieve much more praise from fans and attention from the gaming press.

And i deffinately saw someone say something about the lack of communication (Of any basis) to non-friends. And the fact that that is surprising to you amazes me. Ok, here, want proof?

I put 4 things in my dpad:

Up: 3354-1183-4825 (made up freind code) Anyone else want?
Left: My name is Nic7
Down: Add me, I add you
Right: I love pokemon and yu-gi-oh, heres my address ************

Oh, what? That would completely destroy the friend code system you say?
Oh, Good call. If you allow this, you might as well just get rid of this whole system and just use something logical. (Which nintendo isnt in the mood for right now)

So, i think there will be some headset integration. But, I'm mostly just hoping it comes in time for it to be included in brawl..

balrogs.pa said:
i would like it if you could use your USB keyboard but then again. i dont have one

Just the inclusion of this to put wirelessly on a table nearby and being able to change what your dpad says during gameplay would be better than nothing....

Last edited:
^Lmao! A great post with terrific points.

*REPPED* for truth!

EDIT: Meh, can't rep.

^I can see it happening, given that Ninty releases a headset for Wii.

*Wonders how he got such a long username*

Back