Is Wii air Cooler Necessary????

Fan for WiiConnect24??

I'm really curious too! There has been several posts about WiiConnect24 possibly causing heat damage. I use the vertical stand except for when I travel.

One time I played all day at a friends house and by the end of the day I found that I sat my Wii on top of a VCR which was hot! I didn't know VCRs could get so hot. My Wii was horizontal on that trip.

what about what Ms. Idjut says about wiiconnect24. I have heard alot of negative things about this too. I am getting my Wii in a few days and I want to know as much as possible. Any of you have problems with wiiconnect24 or it overheating?

buy a cooler if you feel like it but i've never ever had my wii get anything more than slightly warm. i guess if you're in Cuba and playing it outside in the sun then yeah you'd need a wii cooler but aside from that i can't see a need for one.
and to answer the other question, i have not had a problem with WiiConnect24 at all yet. it disconnected on me once but i think that was an internet issue not an issue with the wii itself.

kyle

Its really not necessary, even with WiiConnect24 on.
It never gets that hot, and ultimately is just another thing for consumer's to throw cash out. I would advise opting out of the cooler, unless you get it for free. Free is always good :lol:

CantGetAWii said:
Its really not necessary, even with WiiConnect24 on.
It never gets that hot, and ultimately is just another thing for consumer's to throw cash out. I would advise opting out of the cooler, unless you get it for free. Free is always good :lol:

Agreed. We sometimes leave ours on for *days* at a time - not in standby/WiiConnect, I'm talking on and paused :lol: Never had any issues - it's sitting horizontal on a shelf by itself - plenty of space around it.

[DT] said:
Agreed. We sometimes leave ours on for *days* at a time - not in standby/WiiConnect, I'm talking on and paused :lol: Never had any issues - it's sitting horizontal on a shelf by itself - plenty of space around it.

same here. my wii rarely gets shut off or put into standby, it either stays at the main menu or paused in a game. no problems at all.
only time i turn it off actually is when i'm done playing a gamecube game and that's only because i have to.

kyle

I have one, But only because i got it for free, I don't even use it there is no need for it unless you live in a place were its so hot even the road melts.

toasty Wii

Right now it is 0 F outside. the house is 72 F, and my wii is 100 F plus.
I have it in a cabinet with my sat receiver. There is no other convenient place.
I started seeing disk errors when i connected to Wii connect24. When I unplug the system it for about 1/2 an hour, the console gets to be room temp and the disk works.
I bought a cooler but found it doesn't give the volume of air to keep it cool. The fan in it runs when the wii is in sleep mode. the air coming out is the same temp as coming from a laptop fan when playing a DVD.
I am turning off the wireless unless i want to play online.

If you want to be safe then yes
It all depends on how much dust the fan gets clogged up with and all that it could stop the fan working as well

Back