Is Wii depending on Super Smash Brothers Brawl??

This is a huge factor for the Wii, but it is, in no way, the only thing the Wii is depending on.

It's a very huge game, in fact my sister's boyfriend is getting a Wii JUST FOR THIS GAME. There's a sell right there just because of this game, but there's other games that are going to be huge to.

Galaxy, MK (Wii), Kirby (Wii), DK ([Wii] This isn't confirmed), Animal Crossing (Wii), Pokemon Battle Revolution, etc. Not to mention the games that are already out, the heavy-hitter Legend of Zelda, Elebits, Excite Truck....

Conclusion: No, the Wii isn't depending on this game.
Trulen said:
I think it'll be the Wii's Halo.

Online play, multiplayer.

I bet'cha it'll outsell Zelda.
I BET'CHA.
Oh, easily. It may outsell Halo itself.

It will be one of the best selling games of this year, and with that more Wiis will be sold, so I guess that Wii is depending a little bit in Brawl this year.

it'llbe awesome, but wii's already a great system w/o it (but it'll do well to make the game the best evah! ) SSBB ftw!

Nfanboy said:
Brawl does look fun, but Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario will be better in my opinion.
Heh....uhh, no. Depends on your age. If you're over 12 than SSBB is the game; if you're 12 or under than SMG and SPM. Not saying neither of them will be great, but there's no way in heaven that either of them could be better than SSBB; no way.

SSBB didn't save the Gamecube?
A lot of people who own the won't have owned a GC therefore I can't see SSBB being a particularly big pull in that respect... The wii will sell SSBB. And not the other way around. The wii is already selling like hot cakes?

(edit)
Not that the gamecube needed "saving". But you know what I mean. Wasn't as big as xbox/ps2 blah blah... If it had a good version of GTA then I reckon the gamecube could have done better.

Last edited:
The fact is Wii has no competition PS3 or 360 one will come out as the winner however Wii will always win alongside whoever of the PS3 and 360 wins because it is entirely different and there are very few titles that come to 360 or PS3 that also come to Wii

Back on subject Brawl is undoubtably going to make Wii sell faster than it did on launch day esspecially if Mario Party 8, Metroid Prime: Corruption and Super Mario Galaxy make their way to store shelves at the same time. However I think Wii like all recent Nintendo sytems is lacking 3rd party support however 2nd party and 1st party has gotten better. The Wii would not sell well at all if it didn't have the controller IMO. If it did then it would be the console with crappy graphics, no online play and the only upside would be the Virtual console

Last edited:
If the wii can pull off something like timesplitters online then I won't even need a 360/ps3...
I know metroid might be online - but I doubt multiplayer metroid will be as geat as timesplitters 2 was split screen. That game is the spiritual successor of goldeneye.

WiiZero said:
The fact is Wii has no competition PS3 or 360 one will come out as the winner however Wii will always win alongside whoever of the PS3 and 360 wins because it is entirely different and there are very few titles that come to 360 or PS3 that also come to Wii

Don't fool yourself. the competetion is between the three of them. Stop classing the wii as if it has AIDS and the 360 and ps3 are STD free. "Oh the wii can't run to day its isn't feeling well." This is a three lane race not two. So the wii will definitely win this race and not watch it from the sideline. Sony is competeting more with Xbox because they are like mirror images of each other. but nintendo is trying to run over people, no matter who is a mirror image.

WTF? No see this is why Nintendo is better than Sony and Microsoft they dont use one game as there support, they make many good games, (like Maio Kart, Mario Sports, Mario adventure games, Zelda, Metriod, Animal crossing, Kriby, Star Fox and many other games that other people make like Sonic)
So no Super Smash is not the futher of the Wii.

WiiZero said:

Back on subject Brawl is undoubtably going to make Wii sell faster than it did on launch day esspecially if Mario Party 8, Metroid Prime: Corruption and Super Mario Galaxy make their way to store shelves at the same time. However I think Wii like all recent Nintendo sytems is lacking 3rd party support however 2nd party and 1st party has gotten better. The Wii would not sell well at all if it didn't have the controller IMO. If it did then it would be the console with crappy graphics, no online play and the only upside would be the Virtual console

Keep lying to yourself dumas. The fact is that either Nintendo or Microsoft will win this generation's console war because both are consistently coming out with great games and great features for their systems. The PS3 is a highly priced piece of crap that most people know they don't need nor require to complete their life. So what it has BluRay. The dvd format war is NOT over yet. So go ahead and bet on BluRay if you like but I'll wait until a clear winner emerges. 2nd the PS3 has no rumble, it copied Nintendo's tilt function at the last moment (what else is new), and has ONLY 3 games that are sure to be hits (FF 13, MG, and GTA). Even then those 3 are already being rumored to become multiplatformers by Microsoft fanboys and supporters. And oddly enough these same fanboys predicted and asked for DMC4 and they GOT it. So I'd be worried if I were Sony. This Home crap they came up with is not going to save them. Nor is that, "This is Living" crap they're spewing all over Europe.

Hello MasterJedi2U! Yeah, Nintendo doesnt relly SOULY on SSB, but it is theyr trump card against Microsoft and Sony.

Last edited:
depending, no I wouldn't say wii was depending on any one game, I wanted Zelda very much and finally got it and man its good (first zelda game for me however I am familiar with the stories and different zelda games from the beginning)

Now I'm waiting for Battalion Wars 2 cause it sounds and looks pretty fun, would also like to see something like GTA or godfather as well.

hahaha, you need to have a look in the titles coming to wii...

Sadness (already has a fan club and the only source of info we have is a woman playing "sadness" but it isnt the ctual game)
Manhunt 2
Super Mario Galaxy (loads of people want this more than SSBB)
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (the controls will be awesome, alot of MK fans out there.
Orb and Thorn (two games i know nothing about, but have alot of fans.

And many many more, SSBB is just one of the many games wii is depending on.

Hmmm, Bleach Wii release date...you have? Or, any info would be great...

Back