Is Wii depending on Super Smash Brothers Brawl??

Tails McCloud~ said:
Hmmm, Bleach Wii release date...you have? Or, any info would be great...
It supposedly came out December in Japan, so have it shipped.

hotpotato78 said:
But the 3rd party games need to come up so the wii can be an even bigger hit

Yes, yes and yes. Once there is solid third part development there will be no doubt who the winner is of this generation. Should 3rd parties decide to simply port already established games from another system to Wii (as has been seen early on) it will definately be a rollercoaster. Seriously without real 3rd party games the novelty of the Wii will wear off in due time. IMHO

ottoman said:
hahaha, you need to have a look in the titles coming to wii...

Sadness (already has a fan club and the only source of info we have is a woman playing "sadness" but it isnt the ctual game)
Manhunt 2
Super Mario Galaxy (loads of people want this more than SSBB)
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (the controls will be awesome, alot of MK fans out there.
Orb and Thorn (two games i know nothing about, but have alot of fans.

And many many more, SSBB is just one of the many games wii is depending on.

You forgot No More Heroes... I think it's cool...

i just hope they keep coming out with good games after SSBB, SMG, and Corruption are released...i believe those are the games everyone's waiting for

i dont think the wii is depending on that Brawl either. The game is a big title but i wouldnt call it a killer app. When a console has a killer app that is when the console depends on their sequel. Online play may be cool but in the history of gaming, there has been no online fighting game that has been able to withstand the test of time. Only the hardcore smash brother player will play it for years to come. Everyone will get filtered out.

MasterJedi2U said:
Keep lying to yourself dumas. The fact is that either Nintendo or Microsoft will win this generation's console war because both are consistently coming out with great games and great features for their systems. The PS3 is a highly priced piece of crap that most people know they don't need nor require to complete their life. So what it has BluRay. The dvd format war is NOT over yet. So go ahead and bet on BluRay if you like but I'll wait until a clear winner emerges. 2nd the PS3 has no rumble, it copied Nintendo's tilt function at the last moment (what else is new), and has ONLY 3 games that are sure to be hits (FF 13, MG, and GTA). Even then those 3 are already being rumored to become multiplatformers by Microsoft fanboys and supporters. And oddly enough these same fanboys predicted and asked for DMC4 and they GOT it. So I'd be worried if I were Sony. This Home crap they came up with is not going to save them. Nor is that, "This is Living" crap they're spewing all over Europe.

About blu-ray, the hd war between hd-dvd and blu-ray is irrelavent. 360 has no hd-dvd drive in case you didnt know. and blu-ray is a big deal. because as time moves along, their will always be new technology coming out. And to incorpoate new technology into games,plus the forever expanding worlds in these games, you need more memory to place it in....this is where blu-ray comes in. fyi blu-ray has up 25gb of space on a single layer blu-ray disk as
oppose to the 5gb in a dvd rom.

second, ps3 does not have many exclusive right now but you still cant count them out. they still have a few heavy hitters, and it wont be too hard for SCEA to put out a few other big games to compete with the 360s. Ha-ha the wii doesnt really have any "heavy hitters" then are in the same league with sony and microsoft. I dont own a ps3 i know they have nothing for me at this time. but i am looking forward, mostly to the creation of the next socom. in case you never played it, it is very high up there on the list of console shooters. i would say second only to halo. it would even topple GOW just because of the variety of gametypes, maps, weapons, realism, clan-support, decent ranking system, and great gameplay. And i am talking about a game that came out a few years back (socom 2 is the one i got my hands on) could you imagine what it will be like on ps3. metal gear is no push over, and no one should dare talk bad about the game. we all remember the impact of metal gear solid had on gaming. gran turismo, is a good game but i dont hold it too high up there, they have gone a bit too far into the "driving simulation" idea, but it still caries a huge fame base. I would buy it just to race the F1 cars in it. Point is you cant count sony out, not at all actually. They know they were the dominate console for the past 10 years and they will surly not go down with out a fight. for that reason alone i believe sony will be victories. there pride wont allow them to be trampled. Its like japan vs the usa in a technology battle. I dont think anyone believe usa is superior in this catergory, not even close.

All the same though, microsoft has a very heavy hand that can easily bit$h slap some big third party developers with a bag fully of money and that will be that. Or they can just start buying the third party developers and completely shut out the ps3. wasnt there a rumor that microsoft was aquiring capcom?

just some food for thought.

Last edited:
I'm so addicted to Melee and hope Brawl is 10 times better. I don't think Nintendo will let us down. I'm hoping for an online option with this game because the thought of doing online tournaments is so cool.

Just have to wait and see.

ssbb_lover said:
Heh....uhh, no. Depends on your age. If you're over 12 than SSBB is the game; if you're 12 or under than SMG and SPM. Not saying neither of them will be great, but there's no way in heaven that either of them could be better than SSBB; no way.

I wouldnt' say age determines it. Some people are prone to platforms and not fighting games. There's nothing to say that only young kids liek platforms.

i think it somewhat is. A lot of ppl love that game and waiting for that game to come out with online play... i went to gamestop the person said he think either SMG Or SSBB will be novmerish release... i hope ssbb comes out b4 then.. thats a long ways to go. i would like SSBB as a summer release, that would be cool.

Wiitime said:
i think it somewhat is. A lot of ppl love that game and waiting for that game to come out with online play... i went to gamestop the person said he think either SMG Or SSBB will be novmerish release... i hope ssbb comes out b4 then.. thats a long ways to go. i would like SSBB as a summer release, that would be cool.

I'm thinking in that way too. This game is atracting a lot of ppl attentions, and it has no release date, the only thing we have for sure, is that it will come out this year. Wii owners want to have a great experience in the online play, and Brawl is the perfect game that. Somehow Wii is depending on Brawl.

It is, in a way. SSBB is Nintendo's trump card. But its not going to be the only good game on the Wii. You can bet that if you gave a person a choice, they would pick Zelda TP over Quake 4 "360" or Virtua Fighter 5 "PS3" Or...at least I would...

Well the main reason I bought a wii was for SSBB... but I still would have bought it for the Mario games...

So did I. I had that kind of thinking as wel, for the Sonic games and the StarFox gams, and SSBB...and thats all. Apart from the fact that im kinda of a game collector, I bought the Wii for those games, but I know that the Wii surprised me with Zelda TP, but none more, I wounder if im going to be on my 360 more...I find a round of Gears of War more injoyable then Wario Ware...but thats just an opinion. Maybe you guys may feel diferent "spelling" but its all good, the Wii is a good system, and it doesnt matter the game, as long as you have fun with it. SSBB will sell more then a lot of other games, but some will argue its complexity with its 3rd party chars, its online, and its release date makes angry a lot of fans.

Back