Is Wii HD?

skyline

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
UK
Wii Online Code
0653-0629-4424-3377
There's an option where you to chose the sort of TV ure using and one of them is HD. Can any one confirm if the Wii sends out a HD signal. If so, I guess we have to use the Component video cable (that doesnt seem to be out yet) and of course, a HD TV!

best Wii can support is consider EDTV or (enhanced definition) 480p, though a marked improvement over 480i it's not considered HDTV standards which are 1080i<720p<1080p

Main difference here is between the ammount of pixels and rows of pixels refreshed at any given time. Where progressive is higher quality then interlaced. There are plenty of websites out there if you need more info.

Thanks Xanathan. Nice friendly response.

myLITTLEwiiWII said:
If you dont know the answer just say so....posers...jeez...

haha, w0rd

Hey, Skyline.

I think your question was answered but just incase, in short No, the Wii doesn't support HD.

HD is considered in formats of 720p and above and the Wii will only operate in 480i / 480p.

Master Wii said:
haha, w0rd

Hey, Skyline.

I think your question was answered but just incase, in short No, the Wii doesn't support HD.

HD is considered in formats of 720p and above and the Wii will only operate in 480i / 480p.

Thanks man...short and sweet answer.

Back