Is Wii right for me??

kingjames488

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Hi all
This should be my second post on the forums but i cant find the first anywhere so im making a new one... :mad2:
Anyways this one will be short cause i dont want to redo the long thing i had b4.
anyways I'm trying to decide if a Wii is right for me.
My current situation:

-Owned n64, ps1, xbox in that order (just a little tidbit XD)

-Dial-up internet (i know what your going to say, hotspot, friends house, other public internet,... I have acess to NONE of these) so I'm not interested in gamming online or other internet oriented addons. I am however interested in downloading old games if possible, it isnt acording to futureshop and a few other stores.

-low buget... I dont have a job atm... xmas it comming (thank god)

-I have no HDTV around so that isnt a factor. (limited to an avrage sized normal tv, the name for them escapes me right now...)

-I love gadgets and other new or revalutionary things with computers or gamming

-I get tired of conventional games very quickly (i think the logest ive stuck to a game is a week wich would be eather battlefront 2, perfect dark, or strangers wrath, or whatever that game was called for xbox)

well i think thats all.
let me point out bluntly, I cant use internet or HD features so I DONT CARE about them... unless i can download snes games. (cmon super mario world!! lol)

also i like fps, rpg, and rts type games, if that makes an impact.
and im not that into kids games (seeing as im not a young person anymore)
cmon lets blow stuff up!!, that kinda thing lol

well i think thats enough info about me and what i like, if youve made it this far your more pacient and helpful then me lol.

kingjames

I would really consider getting a Wii... honestly I would tell just about anyone that. The main weakpoint on your position is the dial up internet. I hope there is going to be a lot of online things, but Nintendo is hesitant just for the reason that you have, people with dialup. I would still get it. Personally, I don't have one, but I've played it. Multiplayer is priceless as I've heard. I would really consider it and look into getting it for Christmas.

At the very least you will be able to enjoy a few games and have great times with your friends.

ALSO: You cannot download old games if you don't have access to WiiConnect24 (online). :(

You're practically hinting for people to tell you to get a Wii lol

There's obviously gona be kid games but you don't have to buy them, there's stuff like Red Steel!

I have pretty much decided that im gonna try to get a Wii.
My only concern is about the internet part. from the sounds of things its needed to update the consle and a large part of whats good about the Wii.
And there is NO way for me to get anything better then what i have (internet), Ive been trying for years.

kingjames488 said:
I have pretty much decided that im gonna try to get a Wii.
My only concern is about the internet part. from the sounds of things its needed to update the consle and a large part of whats good about the Wii.
And there is NO way for me to get anything better then what i have (internet), Ive been trying for years.

I dont think the dsl thing is all that necessary. Sure it does sort out updates but like you said youve owned consoles before that havent needed it and neither does the wii really so its not an issue, and in any case you wont be able to update a PS3 or 360 either. The internet bit is mainly the news and weather channels and the only really important part is the virtual console.

Ive only got a 360 because I am lucky enough to have an HD telly otherwise I just didnt see the point considering most of its marketing is based on it being HD and I want the games it plays to look the best they possibly can.

But yeah your asking on a wii messageboard so we are all going to say go out and get one, your best bet is just to ask yourself will I use it enough to make it worthwhile, if yes buy one if no dont.

so can/will there be a way to dl old nintendo games (nes/snes/n64) with dialup internet??

Well your not supposed to be able to hook it up to dial-up but I'm sure you can do it. Atleast when the ethernet adapter comes out. I have dial up at the moment (going to get comcast soon) and I have my 360 hooked up to my dial up internet. All you have to do is run an ethernet cable from your Wii (with the ethernet adapter) to your computer and link the Wii to your dial up connection and then it should work. I havn't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work since I do it with my 360.

ummm, sounds good so far.
it sucks cause i wont even know if i get one till dec25... xmas.
Im pretty sure i will tho.
sounds like an awsome thing, thanks for everyones help.
kingjames

pizzaluvr said:
is there any possibility of broadband, if there is then get a 360, otherwise get a Wii

Even with Broadband, I would still choose the Wii over a 360 any day.

well the other systems are too expancive, my mom wont get me any more expencive ones (im too poor to buy one myself, lol).
so its Wii or nothing and im not even sure if ill get that or not, about 90% sure.
I want one sooo bad now!!
lol

kingjames

Back