Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is your Wii Remote jittery?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by RJU690, Apr 11, 2007.

1. RJU690

RJU690 WiiChat Member

I purchased a Nintendo Wii recently and I have noticed the cursor on the screen becomes excessively jittery when I rotate the Wii Remote. I jumps all over the screen. I am six feet away from the Sensor Bar which is within the optimal range. There are no interferences between the Wii Remote and the Sensor Bar such as sunlight. Is this normal behavior? I already recently received a new Nintendo Wii from Nintendo after I called regarding its numerous crashes (seven crashed during the second day I purchased it). I did not notice this jittery behavior on any of my friend's Nintendo Wiis. If this isn't normal behavior, should I inform Nintendo of my problem? Thank you for your responses in advance.

2. paintba||er

paintba||er WiiChat Member

Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: s
    Wii Friend Code: 8354-0173-2009-5422
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Try adjusting the sensitivity.

3. tuned

tuned 11.19.06

When I had a issue with the controller, it wasn't showing up a full 360 degrees on the screen (test this by going to the main menu and spin the Wiimote to make the cursor/hand do a complete 360 degree turn) if it doesn't do this smoothly or disappears mid way then the controller internals are stuck. You can fix this by holding the Wiimote with the buttons facing up and lightly smacking it against your other hand to loosen the sensor. This is what the tech support told me to do, and it worked ever since without a hitch. Hope that solves your issue, if not... it sounds like you'll be sending the controller off to Nintendo (unless someone has another solution of course :) ).