Is Zelda overrated?

I think its a great game. Haven't finished it yet though. I am sure after I finish I will try and complete it again.

To some extent I agree with you but if you think Rayman and Excite Truck are better :wtf:

Spride said:
I'm probably in a minority but I think Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess is overrated. I've played it through and agree it's a good game but only as good as say Fable on the Xbox, plus once completed it has no replay value.:wtf: Give me Excite Truck or Rayman Raving Rabbids anyday;)
Legend of Zelda:TP is one of the worst zelda game I've ever played.
It is definitely overrated.
level design and boss designs are ok but character design, story, graphic...and rest of them all sux.

Legend of Zelda:Orcarina of time beats TP in every single way.

It made me feel like I was playing a Playstation.... that's a bad thing. But after continously playing after I've finished it, I've realised the world is just as interesting as OoT and the emotional feelings you get from the game are really amazing (well, in my case).. I like to explore and watch everything. I just recently noticed flying birds in the sky. Cute little birds... so I followed one and it flew close and the surround sound picked it up. That's an amazing feature! It made me really excited and I've just started to explore the world. It's so beautiful and the effects are really nice... all the little worldly features are glamourous and there's even stuff I've missed like the Cave of Ordeals, which I died at but I'm prepared to tackle it a third time - my last time, as I believe I will get it this time... but first I shall explore. Talking to all the characters is really cool and I'm really enjoying listening to the music in surround sound while playing and hearing effects in surround sound ... oh and hearing birds in surround sound. xD

Nintendo, thank you again. =D

anyone noticed that link is always sent of to do zeldas bidding, and what does link get in return.
just saying. in the time i have writen it down, i have suddenly stopped caring

compodude said:
anyone noticed that link is always sent of to do zeldas bidding, and what does link get in return.
just saying. in the time i have writen it down, i have suddenly stopped caring

Wisdom, courage, experiences, learning about the rest of the world, peace of mind for saving Hyrule...

I think its overrated.. but don't get me wrong its a good game :p

Spride said:
I'm probably in a minority but I think Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess is overrated. I've played it through and agree it's a good game but only as good as say Fable on the Xbox, plus once completed it has no replay value.:wtf: Give me Excite Truck or Rayman Raving Rabbids anyday;)

Actually Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game I was able to get into all the other ones just bored me two tears. I don't think the game is overated at all it has strong story, lengthy amount of game time, and the best controls of any wii games. Not being a huge Zelda fan I don't think its the greatest game ever but it is definetly one of the best if not the best wii game so far.

hmm, fable is brill. but compared to zelda its really short. you can complete fable in a sitting. but zelda will take you longer.

Being a Zelda fan for many years, I think it is the best of the series next to the first one. Gotta love the controls, and to me the graphics are amazing (not a fan of Xbox, give me the great games of Nintendo anyday over violent realistic gore, etc, etc). Now I'm off to play some TP for a bit.

yeh, zelda does own fable. but fable is good. i dont like x-boxes either, thats why i got it on pc

I think it's too late to say that Gamecube graphic is good when it's already year 2007 and xbox360 has been out for 1 year and even ps3 is out.

No not at the least bit. If anything was overrated it was Gears of War, but thats off topic. Zelda was really enjoyable for the people who played previous Zelda games or just overall hard core gamers. Ive noticed they really tried to make this one stay very traditional...problem there is that there really isnt anything new....and THATS WHAT PEOPLE WANT NINTENDO!
I know this wasnt really as great as it was hyped to be.....but still best game Ive played that was released in 2006!
Oh and as for the replay value....well speak for yourself, Ive beaten it 4 times going on 5 soon!

Last edited:
Back