Issue with SMB3

psychofox

Fox is in da house!!!!
Mar 5, 2008
North London
Wii Online Code
0593-6420-7172-3546
Hi Guys,
I have a slight issue with the virtual console version of Super Mario Bros 3.
I get a blue line down the left hand side of my screen (same colour as the sky), and on the right hand side it looks like the game cannot keep up with itself (background disappearing, reappearing in right place.
So far it only happens with this game, i have tried others, but they seem ok.
I am using a 42'' widescreen tv if that helps.
Is this a duff download? How can i fix this?

I have the same problem, but I don't know if it's really a problem.
I think it's normal.

I think it has something to do with using a widescreen television.
Like, you're seeing stuff you wouldn't normally have seen.

Or, maybe that's just what happened when Nintendo made the emulation.
I don't really know too much on it. Those are just theories.

Anyone else know what's really up?

it is really starting to get annoying, i have emailled nintendo uk, but no answer yet.

I play SMB3 on a 40" tv, rear projection and I get the blue line on the left side, but everything seems normal. That blue line has always been with the game, no matter what size tv. I'm going to assume that this background disappearing on the right side has to do with the whole widescreen bit.

Surely they should have taken this into consideration when emulating it?

All you have to do is download it onto you SD card, then delete it.
Now take out the SD card Blow on it then put it back in. your set to go!
Repeat as needed ha ha

blow-me-tee.jpg

lol god no, its a joke that was the way to fix the original NES games when they didn't work right.

Not what you should try doing is redownloading the game. Once you buy a wii game you can delete it and re download it at anytime. Whenever you experience a problem with a VC game this is a good first step, if it doesn't work beyond that then you have bigger issues

I know for defiinate its the game for sure as all my NES games do this i have castlvania 1 and 2 both show things that were not there on both sides of the screen and SMB 3 same issue as you guys and Metroid has the same problem aswell, so no worrie's my friend its nintendo and there emulation, try to live with these difficult circumstances and if it helps i dont have a widescreen TV.

Back