Issues when trying to play GC games on the Wii without a GC memory card.

CAPCOMPRO

Under the Nintendo Moon
Nov 23, 2006
Orange County, CA
I tried playing Resident Evil 4 today and I cannot proceed past the "continue without saving" screen. I've ran into this issue with most of my titles with the exception of a few games that will continue past the screen without a Gamecube memory card.

Has anyone else ran into this issue when trying to play Gamecube games without a memory card?

wait...you play RE4 without a memory card?

so far, i played F-Zero GX and it loaded and saved successfully

RaptorZX3 said:
wait...you play RE4 without a memory card?
Not normally, but I cant seem to find my memory card. I have a new coming in the mail, but until then, I cant seem to get most games to get past that "continue without saving" screen. So thats why I am wondering if it's my Wii console that is faulty.

i don't play games without a memory card....but then, try RE4 on a Gamecube to see if it's doing it there too.

registerednerd said:
And how would you propose that? The coding to save anywhere other than a GC memory card just isn't there in the games.
all they would really have to do is emulate the mem card. like make a 128MB flash storage thing that the Wii see's as a GC mem card

Well, I put a memory card in the unit and now it wont go past the "would you like to create a file?" screen.

Can someone please trying playing Resident Evil 4 on a Wii with a Wavebird for me please? Thanks!

i don't have the game, but i can always try to check that in a videogames store soon... (someone i know own a videogames store, and he maybe have a used copy)

I don't have this problem. I were you I you turn off the Wii and pull out the memory card and the wavebird and put them back in firmly. Turn on the Wii and check to make sure that the memory card is in slot 1 and that it read. Then try playing Resident Evil 4. If that doesn't work then you may have something wrong with your system.

Thanks for the response. Yep, I have a defective unit. I called Nintendo and yes it is defective. Oh well, I guess there's a first time for everything...

Last edited:
strangely, a lot of peoples have defective units, but mine is still working fine since i bought it on launch day.

i put it on horizontal position, since the air intake seem to be clogged by the vertical stand...cos even if there's space for the intake, the actual airflow space is very narrow.

plus, i think i'll never put my Wii in Sleep Mode again, since the fan stops working in this mode and the system get hotter than when running ON normally.

Last edited:
Back