items? I dont get it

R DOT

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2009
UK
Wii Online Code
4823-3145-9057-5298
Basically I arranged a match with this guy over the net but we couldnt play because both of us used items (thats what he said) and the game would just end within seconds. I dont understand what this means can someone tell me, and also inform me on how to not let this happen again

Items make the game unbalanced by most players' competitive standards. That is all you need to know.

In the competitive scene, most people view using items against an opponent as showing less about your own skill because the items themselves are extremely powerful and are awarded to you at random conditions in the game (further making the game less about using one's own skill to overcome the opponent).

What do most people find as the solution? Turning items off and it avoiding the problem entirely.

Last edited:
that guy quit playing, if you have real skills you wont care if your enemy uses items like i did'nt. he probably left & hes lieing the match dosen't end automaticly if you use items

but it is true that it'll end faster because items are(mostly) overpowered and grant kills quickly. in a stock match items really end matchs faster, in a time match they just rack up more kills.
also for online matchs, items cause lag because the game not only has to deal with connections between players and the moves they use but it also has to deal with the random generator that controls items. thats why it's best to not use items in online.

and like bio said, a lot say items take away from the skill aspect of a match. for example the two of you could be fighting, neither able to ko the other, when suddenly you grab a heart container. now you have an unfair advantage over the other player.
thats why a lot of players(myself included) turn items off.

you must have an excellent connection then, along with the people you face. but for most smash players, horrible lag is what we get online.

Back