Its a ps3 Christmas!

ilikecookies said:
Alright, I don't know for sure if I'm getting a ps3 or not. I'm thinking about getting a ps3 or 360 since I can get an 80 GB ps3 with a game for the same price as an x-box 360 elite with two games ( only like one of the two though..) I don't know what to get. Lots of my friends have 360 and play on live so if I get a 360 I could play with them. Thats whats pushing me towards asking for the 360.

Heres where you come in, I'm asking for your opinion on the ps3.

I have a wii but I'm looking for a system that has good graphics and lots of awesome first person shooters. I also like to play online how good is the ps3s online?

If you could, would someone please convince me to get a ps3 over a 360.

First of all this thread is probably frusturating him because hes getting pure mixed answers. My best advice is if your friends all have a 360 and xbox live you might as well get one so you can play with them. My brother and my cousins all live on the other side of the country and i play games with them every night while talking to them with the free headset that comes with it. Also all my friends have a 360 so i got one so that i could play with them too which i do. Basically you gave reasons why your being pushed towards getting a 360 but didn't really give any reasons why you may be being pushed a bit towards a ps3. Also if u decide for a 360 get the platinum because you get a good amount of memory, much cheaper then the ps3 and 2 games.

Reasons you should get a ps3 include: online gaming is free, so you wont have to worry about paying the price of less then a game for a whole year of online gaming with better online capabilities. Come on 60 bucks a year after a free month is not bad at all.

But meh, im bias, why? Because when i think of the PS3 i cant think of one good reason why i should ever want one, people are always like "yeah well the ps3 has a 400 gig plat ultra magnum firezor ownerer with 1080 pixils of loretasor technology!" And im like, uh xbox has good online? So yeah, when it comes down to it actually think to yourself which one you would really prefer having in your own household.

first of all its a wii christmas if u look at the title comin out

2nd i would get an x box way better ini my opinion

I think I might just go with the 360. I mean, live is like 5 dollars a month not that hard to pay off then I'll be playing with all my friends online and will get more out of it. Though I do have one friend who has a ps3 and another thats getting one. I'll just ask him about the ps3 and decide on that.

Thank you to everyone that has posted in the thread.

iv had my PS3 a few days now,
had my 360 over a year,

hate my 360
love my PS3
not as much as my wii.

anyway

PS3's online is really good, incredibly easy to set up and a tonne of fun.

360 has more FPS's but PS3 will catch up.

also PS3 is predicted to be the dark horse console whoch will rise up and win the war,

i can see this as being possible as its a great console

Xbox will fail in a few years

wii will live on forever as a classic amazing machine

and PS3 will probably remain in out lives for a long long time, as its so much stuff in one

I say get which ever one you would be happy with. Don't worry about what your friends have. You can find more online:yesnod:

I have a PS3 and I think it's awesome. Just played the Uncharted demo and its pretty incredible if you ask me.

daviduk200 said:
iv had my PS3 a few days now,
had my 360 over a year,

hate my 360
love my PS3
not as much as my wii.

anyway

PS3's online is really good, incredibly easy to set up and a tonne of fun.

360 has more FPS's but PS3 will catch up.

also PS3 is predicted to be the dark horse console whoch will rise up and win the war,

i can see this as being possible as its a great console

Xbox will fail in a few years

wii will live on forever as a classic amazing machine

and PS3 will probably remain in out lives for a long long time, as its so much stuff in one

My perspective is almost reversed.

X360 will live on
PS3 will catch up
Wii will soon become...not died, but a system where people look at as a lower standard.

on the flip side, I'm lovin' my DS ^-^.

For me, I'd still say X360 now and PS3 some time next year.

did you know its almost possible to play ds games fully on a psp. Just thought some would find that interesting.

The playstation products have a habit of living on for a very long time.

i.e PS2 lol

i mean go into almost any store which sells games and what sections will you find?

Wii, 360, PS3, DS, PsP and PS2

i very rarely see a section for xbox, or even gamecube.

and sometimes i see a section for PS2 and not Wii, its crazy, but its true

well live is only 50 a year, a good price IMO when you look at the reliability and quality of the service. its like one extra game out of the whole year to play every other game online.

yeah think about it use, ps3 have 1 extra game a year and online on almost every game

wii same but not online with almost every game

Back