It's burning!

velocitti

Wii will rock you :)
Feb 28, 2007
Indiana
Wii Online Code
5932-8760-7266-8973
So last time I was downloading a VC game, I noticed my Wii was getting pretty
hot to the point where I had to stop and unplug it (and waste 1000 Wii Points).
It only happens when I'm using Connect24. Does this happen to a lot of you?
I doubt this, but is it true that cooling fans can damage your Wii?

Cooling fans help your Wii by cooling them down. Your Wii shouldn't overheat though if your getting these problems buy this Cooler, If that doesn't work tell nintendo about your problem xD

Shouldnt get that hot, i had my Wiiconnect on from Dec 25th till Mar 1st without any burn or problems lol.

Yeah, I've had mine since launch and this hasn't happened since recently so I'm worried
it's breaking or something. Maybe I should bother Nintendo to give me a new
one... :)

Make sure there is air flow around your wii. If it's tucked in a corner where it's not getting enough cool air it might overheat. Keep the area around it clear so it can get air. Other than that I'd say just let what happens happen, if it overheats I'm sure nintendo would take care of it.

and how long does it take to download a VC game for you... i dont think it would take long enough to even get hot... takes like 30 seconds to a minute for any game to download so far on mine... call nintendo they will replace it for free no questions asked..lol my connect 24 has been on sence the day i bought my wii... not even warm...

I had the opposite problem. I couldn't use my Wii unless Wii Connect 24 was turned on. My house is very cold (55 deg) and with Wii Connect 24 off the Wii was so cold that it would skip on movie files, take a long time to load, and give me disc read errors. Once I turned Wii Connect 24 back on about eight weeks ago I have not had any trouble. My conclusion is that the Wii likes to be warm.

Yea, I would listen to these guys. Mine is warm but not hot so sorry I could not help. Try downloading the VC all the way.

On the plus side, you won't have wasted those 1000 wii points. If the points have been taken from your account for a game, you can go back and re-download that game for free.

You didn't 'waste 1000 wii points'

Once you start downloading the game it marks that you own that game on your Wii and you can go back in and download it free of charge. If it doesn't let you do that and you are actually 1000 wii points poorer then I would suggest calling Nintendo for some type of refund.

Back