It's Monday! What are the new games?

themanfromvlad

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Wii Online Code
7063-2604-6222-3071
I'm at work, and I can't find any info on what games are being released today. Does anybody know?

Sega says "Gunstar Heroes" will come out today. But what about the other consoles?

I was about to ask the same question. Nintendo's website isn't saying. They have a couple of releases for tomorrow (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for Sega and Ice Hockey for NES) but nothing for today. Nintendo is definitely dropping the ball on their promise of Monday releases. :incazzato:

My apologies, I forgot today is the 11th. The two previous mentioned games are being released today. However, they are not out yet on the Virtual Console.

I just checked as well, don't see anything. I think when they say Monday, its during the course of the day, not right away. Plus all the consoles probably update whenever the store gets to you, not all of them at once. If thats the case, they really should make it when the person tries connecting to the shop, it updates then. I'll be checking when I get home tonight though.

Man I really hope they release a good game for SNES or N64 tonight.

I have been waiting for ice hockey to come out. Finally!

Can't wait to play it again after a 15 year hiatus

Tu Kewl said:
I have been waiting for ice hockey to come out. Finally!

Can't wait to play it again after a 15 year hiatus

You would Canadian. Just kidding! I remember playing it many years ago but don't remember what it looked like. Wasn't there only like 4 teams to choose from?

jshannonbuller said:
You would Canadian. Just kidding! I remember playing it many years ago but don't remember what it looked like. Wasn't there only like 4 teams to choose from?

To tell you the truth I can't remember. All I know is that there is a fat guy, a skinny guy, and an 'average' guy. The skinny guy is fast, the fat guy is slow and a heavy checker, and the average guy is a happy medium between both of them. You can create your own 5 guys and put any mix of players on your team.

Outside of that I totally forget what else is in the game. 15 years can do that to a person.

Well we know Sega says gunstar heroes is coming out today, but have any of you played it? is it worth getting?

here it is

Later today Nintendo will add four new classic games to the popular Wii™ video game system's Wii Shop Channel. The four new titles will be added at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo will add new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Ice Hockey (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Ice Hockey is hard-hitting, fast-action competition that re-creates all the excitement of the sport from faceoffs to penalty shots. Players pass the puck and shoot to score while using defensive tactics, including fake shots and ice brawls to crush adversaries. It's up to the player to find the best strategy to win the game – finesse or power.

Gunstar Heroes™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): The Gunstar 9 planet was peaceful for many years until the vicious dictator, Colonel Red, kidnapped the Gunstar twins' older brother and used mind control to make him his slave. Players face many different enemies and bosses while battling to stop the dictator from unleashing "Golden Silver the Destructor" with apocalyptic consequences.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points):
Dr. Robotnik is stamping out music and fun in Mobius with his giant robotizing Mean Bean Steaming Machine. Before he turns all the citizens of Beanville into robots, players must save the day by gathering up beans in matching colors and defeating Robotnik's guards.

Alien Crush™ (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): Alien Crush is a fan-favorite pinball game that features a sinister sci-fi theme. Play through a two-level playing field that comes to life with pulsating alien creatures. Rack up a high enough score, clear the board of these extraterrestrials and discover secret bonus stages. The game features realistic pinball action, complete with a tilt function and two selectable soundtracks. Do you have what it takes to fight back against this alien infestation?

Where are some of you people getting this information, I hear some say if you look on Nintendo you can find it. You can find it on Nintendo UK but not on NOA.

Doesn't look like there are any that i'll be spending my points on today, except I still haven't heard much about gunstar heroes yet even know a quite a few are talking about it.

I never played Ice Hockey. Any comments from the peanut gallery as to whether I should buy it? I've got 1400 points burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

themanfromvlad said:
I never played Ice Hockey. Any comments from the peanut gallery as to whether I should buy it? I've got 1400 points burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

I don't want to be the one to blame if you buy it and don't like it. But if you like all their other games like Soccer and Tennis and Baseball (orginal NES), then I don't see why you wouldn't like this one.

Back