ITT: Real Men Use Items!

also don't forget the whole random appearing crate,box, bomb-omb that appears right above your head and explodes/hits you , then KO's you.I always hated that. But that is unpredicable and unsuspected, maybe thats why boxes/crates/bombs should be banned.But not all items need banned, or maybe they do, i dunno.But definatly some must be.Imo

AtomicB said:
That's why crates and barrels have an off switch? o_O
samXcor3 said:
what i was going to say...

pwn3d!
Maybe you are forgetting, unless you turn every item off, these will always appear.

Get on Melee and try it.

Jay61 said:
They don't randomly explode, a small percentage explode when you hit them. If these players are so good that they are tourny worthy surely they can be accurate enough not to hit boxes?
Capsules and boxes (and bob-ombs if they are enabled) can spawn and KO you in the time it takes to start a move. You can mock the tournament players all you want, but they would still plaster your face into the ground, with or without items...

Buzz said:
Capsules and boxes (and bob-ombs if they are enabled) can spawn and KO you in the time it takes to start a move. You can mock the tournament players all you want, but they would still plaster your face into the ground, with or without items...

are you sure that's accurate? I haven't played melee in a while, but dosn't it take like 2 seconds to fall to the ground...

^Some, but some appear at near-ground level and almost immediatly explode. Its ridiculous.

mushroomedmario said:
are you sure that's accurate? I haven't played melee in a while, but dosn't it take like 2 seconds to fall to the ground...
... Who said all moves are done on the ground? In the last big item smashfest I attended, I did Captain Falcon's down-air twice into bob-ombs that spawned after I started the move (since that move has a bit of startup time) both in the same match.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Really? Thats just bad luck, then.

Good ol, stomp :]
Yup. But of course, had I been an item veteran, that would have never happened to me. Curse me for playing without random elements!

Buzz said:
Yup. But of course, had I been an item veteran, that would have never happened to me. Curse me for playing without random elements!
Hahaha.

Capn' Falcon's stomp deserves a "Falcon Stomp."

But you have to realize scrubs love items because it can make or break the game for them. Don't you just love it when a heart spawns next to you when you have 100+ damage?

Exactly.

If they win, they deny using items to their advantage. If they lose, they blame it on items.

They don't explode til you hit them though, you can cancel out some moves so why not just cancel? Fair enough if it was one of the ones you can't with mind. And besides, its not like it isnt effecting the enemy too..from what you described you were either aiming for the oppenent and this magic bomb appeared right in your path, which would most likely hurt both of you..or you were just jumping around randomly asking for trouble.

And as for spawning on you and exploding, you must be the unluckiest person in the world...boxes barrels and capsules spawn over my head all the time and they dont explode...unless I wack 'em.

Oh and as for them "plastering my face into the ground" they probably could. But I know I would have more fun in the match than them as I wouldnt approach it overly competitive.

Its aways nice to have the balls to take a risk anyway..I think thats what it means by real men use items.

This isn't in an angry tone. Its simply a response.

1. I take offense to your statement of 'jumping around randomly asking for trouble'. Using empty SH's and DD's is an important tactic for a Falcon player that will lead into an attack.
2. Stop with the [unless I hit them] debate. Some of the boxes and barrels do explode upon contact with the ground.
3. For them, its not about 'having fun,' its about winning.

Sorry man I wasnt trying to come off as angry :/

Jay61 said:
They don't explode til you hit them though, you can cancel out some moves so why not just cancel? Fair enough if it was one of the ones you can't with mind. And besides, its not like it isnt effecting the enemy too..from what you described you were either aiming for the oppenent and this magic bomb appeared right in your path, which would most likely hurt both of you..or you were just jumping around randomly asking for trouble.

And as for spawning on you and exploding, you must be the unluckiest person in the world...boxes barrels and capsules spawn over my head all the time and they dont explode...unless I wack 'em.

Oh and as for them "plastering my face into the ground" they probably could. But I know I would have more fun in the match than them as I wouldnt approach it overly competitive.

Its aways nice to have the balls to take a risk anyway..I think thats what it means by real men use items.

living life on the edge in the smash bros word is the way to go

Back