I've got to say I never knew American Football was so tactical?

Wozz500

WiiChat Member
Jul 5, 2007
I never knew American football was so complex. Just got Madden 08 and I've only managed to score one touch down. Got to admit though it was only a quick go and don't know all the rules yet. Any tips for me I'd gladly accept.

Also can I play people in the US online or is it regional?

oh yeah. it's really like a chess board on the field. it's a gladiator's game. huge, extremely well-conditioned men, that are some of the best atheletes in the world competing in a giant arena... :cornut:

glad to hear you're giving it a chance. most people outside of the US don't bother with it as they hold soccer up as the be all, end all of sport.

i find that the pass plays work best for me. medium to long pass plays, as long as your receivers are good.

try passing a couple times, then make a run play when they arent expecting it, dont make 2 run plays in a row. thats my advice.

Sovieto you've obviously never played football. It works better the other way around. You run 2 or 3 plays in a row, then when the defense starts to show blitz you bomb it into the endzone.

Madden 08 is a great game...gotta love the weapons system. I play it for Xbox 360 online a lot.

Play the minigames to improve your skills. Try to pass the All Madden level for each one. These are basic skills and will help you a lot. Go to practice mode and run play after play against different defenses to learn how to beat them.

there's no right way to play but a more ideal way to play is to run it more often then you pass, it's much safer this way. Feed ur rb the ball, wait till he gets the big gain, then pass to throw the other guy off, while ur recievers will be wide open since the dbs were playing the run. Have you ever played real life football? it's def more fun then the video games!

Use Vince Young. (Cover man.) Amazing player passing and running. TITANS!

Just keep using a different play until you find one that works for you. I found a hail mary pass that 95% of the time connected with Galloway (of the Bucs!:D) and I always destroyed whoever I played against.

But, if you're into a more realistic type of game, you're asking the wrong guy:lol:

Nobody ever plays American football over here if they did i would, learn the rules quicker. Just lost my first game 28-17, against the bores? can't remember.

Wozz500 said:
Nobody ever plays American football over here if they did i would, learn the rules quicker. Just lost my first game 28-17, against the bores? can't remember.

I think you mean Bears.

Ah, man. Football is complex, maybe, but Rugby is my sport of choice. :thumbsup:
All I can say is the computer isnt stupid anymore. DO NOT use the same play two times in a row.

man you guys need to watch some NFL football games- best entertainment in the world.

by the way, Tails, did you ever play socom 3?

Glad to see a UK/Aussie/whatever trying out an American sport, usually Americans and Brits hate eachother's cultures.

Oh yeah and Vince Young is overrated, so is Devin Hester with his 100 speed. It's all about Reggie Bush on the Saints, they're my team of choice. Second is Colts, third is Pats.

Well i'm from the UK. Not saying it is better than football (soccer) as footie is played at a faster pace, but i really enjoyed my first game. Whoops, bears then lol! Is stripping the ball stealing it?

callme.nasty said:
man you guys need to watch some NFL football games- best entertainment in the world.

by the way, Tails, did you ever play socom 3?
I have it, yeah, but SOCOM ll online was more fun imo

Back