I've gotten a wii - now what do I do with it :)

on wii sports tennis 4 people can play at once with 4 remotes bace ball 2 people can play at once boxing 2 people can play at once golf one person at a time bowling one person at a time

LevesqueIsKing said:
...woah.

Is it just for her, and if so, what is she into?

You're missing [arguably] the best two wii games of the year: Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.

She's flexibly into anything the other teens are into...but she loves soccer and animals as her personal always loves thing.

Tell me about Galaxy and Metroid - what makes them special vs other games in the list?

I already attempted at answering that question on the previous page.

Now we're talking! Thank you!

Ok, internet...yes connection is a given in this house - but I've always hesitated to let her do much online conversation. I'm not what you'd call a trusting parent.

When you say strikers can be played online - do you mean in the same manner I play Vanguard? Guilds, quests, etc...? Or do you mean more like msngaming.com card games where you join a table, generally don't talk to each other and tend to not see each other again on another day?

online its just like playing the game with friends exsept with other people around the world but you need to know them it cant be just some stranger
edit: see the wii online codes under our names in in our post's <--- thats our online codes so if i add someones code and thay add mine we can play online tograther insted of going to eachotehrs house to play

laruli said:

Ok, internet...yes connection is a given in this house - but I've always hesitated to let her do much online conversation. I'm not what you'd call a trusting parent.

When you say strikers can be played online - do you mean in the same manner I play Vanguard? Guilds, quests, etc...? Or do you mean more like msngaming.com card games where you join a table, generally don't talk to each other and tend to not see each other again on another day?
Oh. My. God. You are EXACTLY who Nintendo is looking for. Seriously, like you should be there mascot or something.

Nintendo has taken strides to protect its customers to the best of its ability while playing games online. In Mario Strikers, your little girl will be playing, AND THATS IT! There is no talking whatsoever, not even by keyboard. You just click play, it searches for an opponent and you're playing.

laruli said:

Yes, it is realtime gaming. So it will be just like playing someone in the same room as you

LevesqueIsKing said:
I already attempted at answering that question on the previous page.

Sorry guess I'm missing something...

IGN give rating which yes, I'm aware its the most loved game on the planet atm...but why?

"As always with any Nintendo game console, the first Super Mario game is one of the defining experiences on the system. Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy. When some creature escapes into space with Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the galaxy. Since he's in space, Mario can perform mind-bending jumps unlike anything he’s done before. He'll also have a wealth of new moves that are all based around tilting, pointing and shaking the Wii Remote." is what IGN has to say...

Does it allow more Wii features than the other games like super paper or zelda? Is it in a different catagory - like shooters/sports/action? Does it let 4 people play at the same time? And I don't know what 10.0 tilt or awesome platform means...Sorry I'm so dense but I'm not getting what makes it special, must have, today...

laruli said:
I have 2 total remotes and 2 total nunchuks so I need 2 more of each? 4 people really can play this at the same time? Not like 1 person plays then its the next person's turn - hand over the remote? (Yes I know I'm old when thats the only multi player video game I've ever played.)

Correct, if a game allows 4 players to play at the same time and requires the nunchuk, then everyone playng need a wiimote+nunchuk.

Here i made this picture for you:
[MEDIA]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w244/zanzamods/demowiiback1.jpg[/MEDIA]

if the the game allows 1-4 players, but does not have the nunchuk icon, then the players only need a wiimote each.

Moreover, if you want to have 4 people play a 4 player game that requires a nunchuk you need 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchuks (note: the nunchuk connects to the wiimote if you did'nt know)

A Wii comes with a wiimote and a nunchuk, so you only need to buy:

Wiimote x3
Nunchuk x3

Last edited:
laruli said:
Sorry guess I'm missing something...

IGN give rating which yes, I'm aware its the most loved game on the planet atm...but why?

"As always with any Nintendo game console, the first Super Mario game is one of the defining experiences on the system. Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy. When some creature escapes into space with Princess Peach, Mario gives chase, exploring bizarre planets all across the galaxy. Since he's in space, Mario can perform mind-bending jumps unlike anything he’s done before. He'll also have a wealth of new moves that are all based around tilting, pointing and shaking the Wii Remote." is what IGN has to say...

Does it allow more Wii features than the other games like super paper or zelda? Is it in a different catagory - like shooters/sports/action? Does it let 4 people play at the same time? And I don't know what 10.0 tilt or awesome platform means...Sorry I'm so dense but I'm not getting what makes it special, must have, today...
1 player only (2 player is rubbish)

It is a great game. Truly amazing graphics aswell

Its hard to explain. Its not the quantity, its the quality.

Its like saying, how is a steak better than a piece of turkey? They're both meat, but one is just ten times better :wink:

Again, it goes back to what I said earlier. Most games take about a year to produce, but the head of Nintendo has announced that they've been working on Mario Galaxy for over 10. Its just the overall experience, the music, the graphics, the physics, when all put together it amazes you.

EDIT: Guys, quit spamming this thread, its really ridiculous. Its making it so much harder for this guy to see what he really needs to see, which is not your petty arguments.

Back